Chapter 10

"Why is alcohol even allowed to exist when it causes such massive headaches?"

I silently handed over a glass of water to Sia. I had absolutely no idea that she goes on to Queen Bitćh mode when on hangover. She gulped the contents down along with an Advil before slumping back into the pillow with a groan.

Poor girl.

I patted her head before getting up and walking towards the guest room with an entire pack of Advil and a jug of water.

"I'm sure Andrew will be the one we'll serve next" Scarlett snickered, trying to balance three glasses in both of her hands.

"He lost most of the dares yesterday" I laughed, walking in to the guest bedroom. The loons didn't even bother locking the doors, I almost slipped on something while stepping inside. My right knee ached in protest. God I had really fućked this one up bad. What could I say, it was one of the benefits of being a Klutz.

"Rise and shine idiots!" I hollered settling down beside Nicholas' now groaning frame.

"He's hibernating. Trying to wake him up since two hours. No results" Andrew muttered as I handed him the medicine while Scarlett poured him a glass of water. Nicholas just went back to sleep.

"Why do you have to be such an alcoholic? You lost intentionally yesterday to drink more" Scarlett sneered.

Seems like Sia isn't the only person who get's bitchy after hangover.

Andrew winced at the slight raise in Scarlett's voice but chose not to answer her. Wise guy. I chuckled at the scene before Scarlett went off to Sebastian, who was sleeping on the couch.

"So..." Andrew smiled. Placing the glass on the bed side table.

"So what?" I shrugged. Pretending to not understand what he was hinting at.

Before Andrew could open his mouth to speak, Nicholas hogged the blanket from Andrew and scooted over to the side I was on, scratch that, he rolled over like a freaking bulldozer and pushed me off the bed.

I landed on the floor with a thud, thanks to the floor being carpeted my butt got saved from the assault. Rubbing the sore spot forming on my waist I stood up. My glare hard and unmoving over Nicholas' sleeping frame.

I grabbed a fistful of the blanket with both my hands before pulling it towards me as hard as I could. The thud of Nichola's lazy ass hitting the floor was music to my ears.

"Who attacked us? Do I need to get a knife?"

I scoffed. "Delusional Hibernating-"

"My ears hurt from the use of such heavy words right in the morning" Nicholas yawned out, rubbing his eyes with the back of his palm as he stood up.

"Drama Queen" I added to the adjectives I used before collecting the last glass of water and Advil.

"It's really warming my heart, the way you're taking care of me."

I turned to see him pulling on his grey sweatshirt which seemed to be stuck on his head. A second later his head looked like the playground of a bunch of chickens, who were playing rugby.

I was used to his subtle sarcastic remarks here and there, but lacing his flirtatious comments  with sarcasm was something I either didn't notice before or something new.

I turned to take a peek at Sebastian, however, he and Nicholas were already exchanging smirks. Sebastian noticed my gaze on him and smiled an assuring smile at my direction. "I'll go make some breakfast" I said, turning around to leave.

While jogging downstairs to the kitchen I checked up on Sia once again. I had my bet on the fact that she was trying to sleep her hangover off. Pulling my hair in a messy bun I turned the hobs on. Settling for scrambled eggs and waffles with Nutella seemed a good idea to me. Additionally I started heating up the water for some coffee to go with it.

Cooking for six people isn't something I do daily. Heck I never cooked when I stayed with both of my parents, however after shifting I found this strange pleasure in cooking meals for mom and me. So whenever I felt like it, I shooed my mother away from the kitchen and did what my mind pleased.

"Hey"

I stiffened from the sudden proximity of his voice. I hadn't heard Nicholas come in. Not even his foot steps. "Hey back" I replied, not turning around to face him.

"Need some help?"

I turned around and glared at him. "I don't want my kitchen to get burnt" I said sternly. "Stay away" I didn't forget to add.

He laughed my insult off like the shameless guy he is. I took a peek at him before starting to pour the coffee in the cups. Sometimes it frightened me how much Nicholas resembled Zac. His carefully careless attitude, subtle flirty comments here and there- a little bit of coffee spilled over my fingers, I winced unintentionally.

"Shít Rayne, why are you so careless-"

I zoned out on what he began to say. It was almost like a déjà vu, I withdrew my hand from his grip and walked over to the sink. Letting the cool water pour on the burn.

"Rayne!"

The irritation he felt from my behaviour was evident in his voice. I pressed my lips together and started to rationalise my thoughts. I couldn't flinch away from everyone who was concerned. I took a deep breath and turned off the faucet. "What's wrong with you?" I asked, pretending that I don't really know what was wrong.

"Seriously now?" He snickered, eyes hard and glaring at me.

"You reminded me of him" I gulped, examining the small bruise forming on my ring finger.

"It's taking me all of my will power to not pour this chilled bottle of water over your head"

I rolled my eyes. As if he was really going to- and there it came, the cool water dribbled down my head to my shirt. "Why you little fućker!" I literally growled at him.

A string of curses left his mouth as his laughter died down. "You're not going to use that right baby?"

I smirked, glancing between the kitchen knife I had picked up and him. "Who knows darling?" I said sweetly.

"Trinity! Why in the name of God are you pointing the kitchen knife to Nicholas?"

"Mom" I whined. "Thank you for ruining the moment" I added, keeping the knife back to it's place.

"You wan't to rephrase that young lady?" She scowled at me. I raised my hands up in surrender and shrugged. "Are you okay sweetie?" She said finally, turning to Nicholas.

I rolled my eyes at his charming replies as he began conversing with my mother. Taking the moment I slipped away to my room, since mom was back home I didn't bother cleaning the mess on the kitchen counter top. She can scream at me later for this, I already cleaned too much after last night's party.

Wrapping my wet hairs in a towel I took a seat on the bed. Sia was still sleeping while Scarlett typed away on her phone. The blush on her cheeks was evident as well as the reason for that blush. I had been there and done that.

She was talking to her boyfriend.

Ignoring the little tinge of sadness in my chest I closed my eyes. Loosing people wasn't something new for me, but sometimes it's jusr surprising.

Like walking through the stairs in dark, you think there's one more stair left... just one more moment left. But then your foot falls down, through the air and there's this sick surprise coursing through your veins as you try to readjust the way you thought of things.

I clenched my jaw, there were these feelings, that I've caged inside my soul and I had no idea, how strong this cage was.

I had no idea, how strong my soul was.