Small Hearts

The rest of the ninja are in this.
Nya is 3
Lloyd and Jay are 4
Zane, Cole and Kai are 5

~~~

"Ray?! Have you found her blanket?" Maya yelled fork the other side of the house, holding a crying Nya in her arms. She bounced her gently and kisses her forehead. "Shh, Nya it's okay. Daddy's gone to find your blanket."

"Mommy? Why is Nya crying? Friends are downstairs." Kai asked, walking up the stairs and looking at the two, concerned.

"Kwai!" Nya yelled, squirming out of her mother's grasp and running to her older brother. "Oh, right, Kai have you seen Nya's blanket? She's not leaving her room without it." Maya asked. Kai smiled and nodded. Nya hugged him tightly and jumped up and down for it.

About 5 minutes later, Kai was holding Nya's hand in front of her parents. "Now, the others 4 are over there. Go and have fun, we'll be in the front with their parents if you need us." They said.

Then, 4 boys caught their attention. Two of them were laughing and running around, one was already walking up to Kai and the other was lying down on the floor alone.

"Hey Kai!" Lloyd beamed. The two had known each other for a while. In fact, they had all technically known each other. The parents were good friends before any of them were really born, so they were supposed to be friends. Nya hid behind her brother and clutched her blanket tighter, shaking her head rapidly.

"It's okay sis. I'll be here." Kai said, pushing her to his side and then running off with Lloyd. She was left alone, had no idea what to do. She took a circle around and felt tears prick her eyes. She was alone. Her greatest fear.

"Kwai!" She cried. She held her blanket closer to her and stood there shaking. Her skirt swayed in the wind and so did her hair, causing her to shiver slightly and try to wrap the blanket around her.

"Hey, are you okay?" A boy asked. He had brown hair, cute little freckles and a nice posture on his face. His head was tilted to the side as he raised a little eyebrow. Nya immediately blushed and wiped her tears away, pulling the blanket up to her chin.

"Yeah, I fine. Just scared." She mumbled, her eyes looking into his pleadingly. "Can I play with you? I- don't like being alone." She asked, putting her blanket down to her wait and holding her hand out.

"J-Jay."

"Nya."

"If you want, we-we can go my room, I can show you my toys." Nya suggested, a smile creeping up on her face as she took his hand. The four year old smiled himself and gave a light nod and Nya took him up to his room.

"You like plushies too?" Jay asked, entering her room and seeing a few toys but a load of blankets. Nya nodded. "Y-Yeah. I like blankies more. I get 'old (cold) easy and I like some thin' to hug and cuddle when I nap." She explained, holding up a plain blue one. "This one I've had since I was baby. It don't cover me now but I still carry around if I scared."

Jay nodded, clearly invested in her conversation but also her looks. Yep, love.

"Are you okay?" Nya asked, returning the favour of what he did a few minutes ago. "Wan' hug?"

He nodded, and the little girl jumped into his arms, smiling and giggling, and even a hint of blush on her face as the older wrapped his arms around her. He smiled and blushed too, before they were both laying on the floor laughing.

Eventually, they tired themselves out.

"Ooh! Wait, instead of using this small one, we can use this!" Nya said, standing up and walking over to a stray blanket on the floor. She still kept her own little one, but wrapped the bigger one around her and Jay. She cuddled her small blanket close to her. Jay on the other hand, was shuffling around. He didn't like sleeping without a plushie toy.

"Oh, I forgot. Sowwy." Nya apologised. She stood back up and grabbed a plushie, then gave it for Jay to clutch. He smiled, and they both fell asleep, hugging, under the blanket.

After about 20 minutes, everyone else had started to leave, and now it was just Cole, Kai Nya and Jay left.

"I'm gonna check in Nya's room, she's probably in there." Ray said, walking up to his daughter's and opening it. He noticed that her and Jay were practically cuddling under one of her many blankets. He smiled and his heart melted.

"Maya! Libby! Gordon come up here now!" He yelled. Ten other three mentioned parents walked up stairs to the doorway of Nya's room and saw the two sound asleep. Libby awed and took a few pictures, ready to show Jay's babysitter Ed and Edna if he disobeys, and for blackmail in the future.

~~~

"No. Nope. Did not happen." Jay confirmed, crossing his arms and blushing heavily. Nya buried her face in so called blanket and groaned in embarrassment.

"It did. Mom showed me and I gave you a lecture afterward." Kai said from the other room, eating a twix bar and watching TV with Cole and the others. Jay rolled his eyes and smirked. "A five year old giving a lecture to a three year old, see how that went." He said.

"Funniest thing ever." Cliff said.

"Here's the thing, you got pictures to prove it?" Nya said, taking her face off of her blanket and looking at her and her boyfriends parents. Libby nodded and showed them it.

"I'm done-"

"Haha! Give ya another lecture if you do anything again!"

"You say that but look what you're doing right now with Cole, Kai!"

"F-"

~~~

Inspired by fearlessxspinjitzu 's 'Young Love'
Mentioned Lava because I can
:)))