Pretty Is On The Inside

(Set a few weeks After Season 6)

Nya sighed as she scrolled through a models Instagram page. Her yess filled up with tears and she slumped onto the bed, admiring the beauty that she had.

"I don't look like her.." She whispered, considering it was about 2AM in the morning and she had just woken up from a nightmare. She flips over to her side and eyes a open draw near her bed, with magazines of none other; the model and her friends themselves. "They're So much prettier than me."

She turns clicks on her own feed, eyeing the comments that called her fat and ugly and other horrible slurs and shit. She wipe d stray tear that had fallen.

"You don't know it hurts.." She stares at her iPhone scream, jealous of others living their dreams.

KNOCK KNOCK!

Jolting, Nya quickly caught her phone that had almost felt out her hands when the sound came through her room. She hesitated wether or not to stay quiet and pretend she was asleep, or talk to the person.

"Nya, it's Jay. I heard sounds coming from this room; you okay?" Jay asked softly, another knock on her door.

Nya quickly wiped her face dry and headed up to the door, flicking her LED lights on blue as she opened the door. "Hey, Jay. Why are you up so late? You okay?" She holds his hand tightly; afraid that he had had a nightmare too.

Jay shook his head. "No. I woke up to her quiet sounds coming from your room, then whispers. Are you okay?" He says, holding her by the waist and bringing her into her own room. He closed and locked the door behind him. "There, Kai ain't going to kill us now." He chuckled. Nya giggled back and wiggles out of his grasp.

She made her way to the body long mirror she had, and weighing scales behind it. Nya sighs and runs her hands through her slight curves, tears blurring her vision as she looked at her body top to bottom.

Jay's eyes softened at what he was seeing. His girlfriend, who was 14, was worrying about her looks this much?

He walked over behind Nya and took her hands away, holding her wrists in place and he looked in the mirror. He smiled at what he saw. A beautiful (basically) woman who was so strong and cute and funny and-

Wait! That's not the point, Jay! Nya's upset, she needs you!

He rested his head on her shoulder and waved her leg hand in a mock hello to her reflection. Nya laughed, like genuinely laughed for the first time in..well, a while.

"One day, my love you'll see.." He whispered, a blush creeping on both of their faces as Jay smiled.

"Pretty is on the inside~" He sings softly. Nya's face becomes more red and her chocolate brown eyes avert to the floor below her. The lightning ninja slightly turned her face so she could see herself in the reflection again. "I see it in your own eyes,"

He pushed his girlfriend forward gently, so her fingers touched the reflection. "Look a Little closer in the mirror tonight~"

Nya turned around to face her adorable boyfriend - who could sing pretty well. "Pretty's on the inside?" She practically asks, her eyebrow raised. Jay nodded.

"But I can't tell my own mind that.."

"Maybe if you look a little harder, you'll find, that pretty is on the inside.." He points to her chest, that was covered by one of his hoodies. It covered the green scar she had on her chest from the venom hitting her, and she don't like it at all.

"Pretty's on the inside..~" Jay repeats.

Nya smiles quickly. "Pretty's on the inside.."

~~~

It was after training, breakfast had just been done and five ninja were casually eating breakfast. One was down the corridor, 'showering.'

Jay stopped halfway through his meal and excused himself to go and check on Nya, who he knew definitely wasn't showering; or even in the bathroom!

The auburn haired male had seen that her bedroom door was slightly open, and he saw a heartbreaking scene.

Nya was standing on what seemed to be a weighing scale in front of her mirror, phone in hand and tears falling down her face.

Jay rushed in, not caring if he didn't knock, and swooped Nya off of her feet, and sitting her in her lap. "What were you doing?" Jay asks sternly, a worried but demanding tone in voice. Nya shook her head and lowered it, not making eye contact with her boyfriend.

"I don't like myself, at all." She confesses, dropping her phone on her bed, watching it bounce on the water bed. Jay kissed her forehead multiple times for comfort, and finally spoke up. "But maybe it's all in your head, and you are not the words you've said."

Nya held up her phone, showing a picture of a male and female model couple, and Jay had to admit they both did look attractive. (Not as attractive as Nya, though.)

She then scrolled to a picture of hate comments she got, and Jay gasped, his heart shattering.

"These images t-they s-sell-"

Jay pulled her into a tight hug. "Maybe it's none of it is real, and you could love the way you feel."

Jay smiled softly again, and pulled Nya's chin up to face each other. He wiped a tear off her soft face. "One day I swear you'll see.."

"That pretty's on the inside!"

"See it in your own eyes!"

"Just Look a little closer in the mirror, tonight..?"

"The pretty's on the inside!"

"But you can't tell your own mind.."

"Maybe if I look a little harder, I'll find.."

"That pretty's on the inside~" They sang together.

~~~

"Don't live in jealousy." Jay said, pulling Nya into a soft kiss.

"You'll See it eventually." He admires what she swearing for a second. She's wearing a button up flannel type top, black ripped and cuffed jeans, and vans. Jay picked it out thought she looked stunning, so, they went with it for their date.

"Pretty's on the inside!" They sing.

"See it in your own eyes!"

"Just look a Little closer in the mirror, tonight!"