Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Walking into the hotel lobby, I felt exhausted!  Coach John had made me do four different routines on the uneven bars, four times each, only to see he didn't like any of them.  On top of that I had to learn only the first part of my floor routine,  my whole balance beam routine, and still manage not to get embarrassed and/or hurt by Rebecka.  I walked to the grand elevator, which was decorated with posters and pictures of the Olympics.  Pressing 'Up', the doors opened.  A man dressed in a normal doorman suit, stood by the buttons, waiting for my command.

    "Floor 56 please,"  I smiled.  Resting my head against the wall, I pulled out my rhinestone encrusted phone.  I had one text from Autumn, she wanted to know where I was, a text from Delainia and Coach John, saying how great I was today, and two from McKayla, asking me if I wanted to go to dinner with the rest of the team.  I replied with a simple 'yes', 'thank you', and 'in the elevator'.

Once I arrived on my assigned floor, the doorman looked at me questionably.  It took me a moment to realize what he wanted.  A tip.  I pulled a twenty out of my duffel and handed it to him.  Stepping out into the bright gold hallway, I began my walk down the hall.  Once I came upon my door, I pulled out my room key.  waving it under the censor, the brown door with silver lining, opened.

   "Hey!  Where have you been!?  I have been trying to text you for like, an hour!"  Autumn asked me with as much frustration as she could possibly muster. She stood with her hands on her hips, in the small living room.  She wore a Big Ben tee-shirt, had a Buckingham palace lanyard, and on top of that, a Magical World of Harry Potter snap back.  She had been busy today.  

  "Practice," I said in a 'duh' tone.  Where did she think I was?

  "This late?  I thought you said you'd be back by four thirty so we could go try out a Cosmos'"

    "Coach had me stay late to practice.  Look Autumn, I'm sorry, but I can't so to Cosmos'."  I felt super bad.  We had been planning to go out since the airport.

    "Why?"  she asked, her hazel eyes staring intently into my blue ones.

    "I kinda told the girls I'd go out with them," I whispered.  Hoping and praying she didn't hear me.

    "Oh," She replied, calmly. "Well, they're your team mates.  Plus, you guys need some bonding time."  Her response had me taken aback a bit.

                                                         "So your fine with it?"

                                         "Absolutely.  We can do Cosmos another time."

  I smiled.  I walked into my room and opened my suitcase.  I pulled out a pair of denim shorts, a Beatles Tee, and finally grabbed my British Style converse.  I ran a quick brush through my hair and let it fall down to just passed my shoulders.  I sprayed a bit of perfume on, never know when you could run into a hot guy, and grabbed my purse.

      "Bye, Autumn!"  I called opening the door.  Once I got into the lobby, I grabbed a little tourist booklet and began to look for the restaurant McKayla had told me to go to.  Apparently, they had tried a Bar Boulud in New York, and wanted to try the 'British' one.  How different could it be?  Walking down the streets of London, I marveled at the history behind this town.  The cobblestone streets, the old telephone boxes, Big Ben, everything was extraordinary!  I turned around to take a look at one of the shops, when someone collided with me.

     "Ow!" I exclaimed, trying to bear the hotness of the coffee the man had dumped on me.

     "I'm so sorry I didn't see you there," his voice began to get quieter as he looked up to me.  He had black tousles of curls on his head and some of the most dazzling green eyes.  He looked strangely familiar.  A reporter at my practice?  Doorman?  Airplane ride?  No.  Wait.  Yes!

   "You're that boy from the airport!" I exclaimed.  He began to smile at my realization.  'Not the one that nearly killed my friend, but the other one," I laughed at the memory.

   "Yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck," that was me.  Sorry about the spill.  I'll have to make it up to you."

    "You don't have to make-"

     "I know I don't have to, but I want to.  You like Starbucks?"

      "Yeah, actually I do."

       "Great!  If you arn't doing anything at the moment, we can go now?"  I was about to tell him about my dinner plans, but quickly decided against it.  I can eat anytime.  Go out on a date with a hot British guy?  That was a one time opportunity.

      "It's a date," I smiled.  I pulled out my phone and quickly texted McKayla, telling her I couldn't come.  I followed the man through the streets.  "I'm Bree, Bree Adamson."

     "Harry, Harry Styles," he introduced.  My heart stopped as I processed the information.  Harry.  Flippin.  Styles.  They boy Autumn's younger sister never shut up about.  Teen heart throb.  I was going on a date with him.  I kept my cool and smiled up to him.  He was ridiculously taller than me.  Due to the fact, I was one of the shortest eighteen year old's you'll ever meet.  As we walked into the Starbucks, I noticed dozens of girls start gossiping and having heart attack at the sight of Harry.  I ordered a Caramel Frappucino.  As I went to pay, Harry quickly set the money on the counter before I could even open my purse.

    "Lets go for a walk," he suggested.  I could tell he wanted to get away from the girls in Starbucks.

    "So, you here for the Olympics?"  Harry asked, taking a big gulp of his smoothie.

      "Yeah, I'm actually competing," I blushed.  He'd probably say how much better the London team was than the American.

     "Oh, I'm singing at the closing ceremony."  It took him a minute to realize what he said.  "I'm in One Direction, if you didn't already know."

     "I knew," I smirked.

      "You did?  But, you didn't fan girl or, or-"

      "That's because, I'm not obsessed.  I like your music, but It's not like I stalk your every move."

       Harry laughed.  Darn, he was cute. No, I couldn't start liking someone.  This trip is for my dream to come true.  That does not involve a curly haired boy. 

      "So, what sport are you competing in?" he asked, looking at me questionably.

      "Gymnastics," I smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.  "So, you lived in London long?"  I felt like an idiot asking that.  He's British for pete's sake!  Of course he's lived in London for a while!

    "Not for a while.  About two years.  How long have you been visiting?"

    "How long have you been back?  I came to the airport when you came back!" I nudged him playfully in the arm.  "Wow!  Look at that sunset!"  I looked at the gorgeous pink, blue, orange, and purple sky.  I could feel Harry's eyes staring intently at me.

      "Here,"  Harry smiled, slipping a small slip of paper into my hand.  "Ring me up sometime."

      I smiled, feeling my blood rush to my face. "Thanks."  I quickly pulled a piece of paper from my purse.  Writing my number on it, I handed it to him.  "Here's mine.  Maybe we could hang sometime."   Harry smiled.  I shyly waved at him.  Turning around, I made my way down the streets.

    "I'm at a payphone trying to call home, all of my change I spent on you," My phone blasted.  I quickly unlocked the screen, only to see a call from Jordyn.

     "Hello?" I asked, completely confuzzled at why she would call me.

     "Bree, come quick!  It's Delania, she got hit!"