Chapter Two

Chapter Two

      "What!?"  I exclaimed, dumbfounded.

       "Um...you get to participate in the Summer Olympics in August.  Unless you don't want to of course,"  the man stated.

     " No, no, of course I want to participate!" I assured him.  My heart was pounding against my chest so hard, I was scared the man could hear me.

      " Excellent!  I shall contact your instructor and tell her you said yes right away!  Two delegates from the same gymnasium!  Phenomenal!"  Wait.  Did he just say two people?  DID HE JUST SAY TWO!?!?!?

       " Um, excuse me.  Did you say two people?"  I asked, praying it wasn't Rebecka.

       " Yes.  You, Bree Adamson and Miss Rebecka Sweet."

       I swear in that moment my heart stopped and I nearly fell over.  Why did she have to choose her to go as well?  Rebecka would just make this experience horrible and ruin any chance of winning medals.

       " Bree, are you okay?" Autumn asked from across the table.  I nodded my head and let the thought sink into my head

          " Miss, are you still there?"  the man asked me.

           " Yes," I croaked, my voice barely audible.

           " Great.  You leave for London first thing Saturday morning," he said.   I was about to ask him about bringing a friend, but with that, he was gone.  I bit my bottom lip and set the home phone on the table.

           "So, what did he want?" Autumn asked. "Not another one of your many male admirers?"  I laughed at Autumns failed attempt to make me laugh.

              " No, but he did have some pretty interesting news......." I trailed off just to keep her wondering.

              " Well what is it!?"  she exclaimed nearly jumping over the table in excitement.  Her highlights bobbed in her face as she looked at me, eager to know my surprise.

               "I'm going to the Olympics!" I exclaimed, standing up.

                "No way! That's awesome!" Autumn exclaimed, jumping up and down.

                "I know ri-" I was cut off by Autumn enveloping me into a big hug.

               " I'm so proud of you!  I always knew that you could do it!" she exclaimed, a smile on her face that went ear to ear.

                 " There is one other thing though," I sighed, the thought of being stuck with Rebecka made my head hurt.

                 " And that would be?"  Autumn asked, giving me a ' Do NOT ruin this moment' look.

                 "I'm gonna be stuck with Rebecka," I moaned.  I walked to the fridge and grabbed a Pepsi.

                 " So?  You got into the Olympics!  She can't ruin that any more!" Autumn exclaimed, flailing her arms around brainlessly through the air.

              I nodded my head in agreement and opened my Pepsi.  The moment I took a sip, my phone buzzed.  I pulled it out of my hoodie only to see a text from Delaina.

           Congratulations on getting into the Olympics.  I always knew you could do it! Rebecka and I will meet you at the terminal at exactly 6:15 Saturday morning.  Remember you may bring one companion with you.  Once agian congratulations! ~ Delaina ~

                 " Hey Autumn, you wanna take a vacation?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N

      Hey,  what are y'all thinking about the story?  I have alot planned for this story!  Please comment and give me a review on what you think!  Don't worry, One Direction will be coming soon!  - Rae :) <3