Part 47

The guard beside the metal detector beckoned Nate forward as he told him nicely. "Take off any metal you have on and hand it to me. Then step through." Mark watched Nate nervously remove his watch to give to the man. The man accepted the watch, then reached out to brush Nate's hair back behind his ear. Nate flinched from his touch, averting his eyes as he clenched his jaw and looked away. The guard's fingers brushed Nate's earlobe, asking him curiously. "Are your gauges metal? Or your necklace?" Nate relaxed a little, shaking his head. From the other side, Mari stated out. "They're plastic." Nate shot Mari a shocked look as he shot back. "Bitch!" Mari stuck her tongue out at him with a smirk, causing the guard to chuckle. Mark watched the guard's hand follow Nate's fake hair down to his shoulder. The gesture was innocent and when Nate looked back at him with a blush, the guard dropped his hand. The guard gestured for Nate to walk through, mumbling out. "You really can't tell."

Mark raised an eyebrow, then licked his lips as he stepped closer to the guard. Nate inched up to the detector, taking a deep breath as he stepped through stiffly. The second he stepped through; the alarm went off. Nate staggered a bit on the other side, hugging himself as the guard told him. "Don't be afraid. Happens all the time. Let me just check." Mari glanced at Mark with a worried look, telling the guard in a half-chuckle. "It's probably the wire in his bra. It's a bitch being a woman..." The guard grabbed a flat rod, telling her with a small smile. "Usually, yes. I have noticed that a lot. Doesn't make my job any easier..." The guard gestured Nate to lift his arms out and spread his legs. Mark started to move forward, when the two guards by the door grabbed his arms. Their grips were light and their voices calm when they told him. "Easy. Wait a minute." Mark discreetly looked at the gun holster on the guard's belt. He could try getting it if he had to. The guard by Nate raised the rod to wave it around Nate's head and neck.

He went down to Nate's torso and the buttons on Nate's denim jacket peeked the detector a little. The guard opened Nate's jacket, scanning inside to see that he was clear there. The guard took a knee, telling Mari casually. "Nope. Wasn't her bra." The guard brought the rod down the outside of Nate's thigh and the detector squealed. Nate started to lower his hands as the guard apologized and grabbed the slit of his dress to pull it aside. Nate shifted his weight to his other leg as the guard moved his hands up the sides of one of Nate's legs. The guard's fingers slide up Nate's leg from the ankle of his boot to a high portion of his thigh. After checking around the leg, the guard blushed a deep red and said softly. "Seems like the buckles on your garter set it off." Everyone let out a soft relaxing breath. The guard removed his hands from Nate's leg, staggering up to his feet as he apologized again. Nate patted the man's shoulder in a comforting way, before walking over to Mari. Just before he reached her, the guard turned and asked curiously. "What's your name?" Mark nearly swallowed his tongue. They hadn't discussed that.

Mari put her hands on Nate's shoulders, her mind clearly rushing to think of something. Nate turned around to face the guard, coolly answering in a soft and almost timid voice. "Natalie..." The guard grinned, telling him sweetly. "Nice name." Mari pulled Nate behind her, chuckling softly. The guard then cleared his throat and gestured to Mark. Mark bit his tongue. This was going to be hard. He wasn't wearing a garter belt like Nate was. Stepping up to the detector, Mark removed his watch to give to the man. The guard took it, looking him over very briefly. The guard was so distracted with Nate. Pretending to check himself over for more metal, he looked around for anything that he could fool the detector with. He was about to give up when he saw a coin on the ground. Crouching down, his hefted his skirt a bit to pretend to fix his boot. The guards glanced at him, but when he winked at them, they looked away embarrassed. Mark seized the moment to snatch up the coin and slipped it into the bra of his shirt as he covered his chest and stood back up.