Part 39

Conquest moved closer to Famine, stating out lightly. "Ya... Well, the footage I just got says otherwise." Sean moved to the end of his chain, asking with a deep concern. "Mark?! Is he alright?" Conquest looked to Famine, who nodded and moved away from the cell to pace a bit. Conquest then told him honestly. "He's fine. Just... Tied up at the moment." Sean jerked against his chain, shakily retorting. "Well? What are you waiting for?! Go get him!" Conquest huffed, tossing his golden hair off his shoulder as he snapped back. "First of all, I don't take orders from the likes of YOU. Second, he's not my man. So, it's not my place. And Third, I don't rush into anything without knowing what I'm dealing with. The women are crazy... Not defenseless." Sean glared at Anti who was still laughing uncontrollably in the corner. He didn't see what was so damn funny. With that thought though, Anti composed himself enough to chuckle out. "Don't you get it? They finally found people crazier than them! I think that's funny." Sean rolled his eyes.

Famine sat on the worktable, staring at the dirt floor as he said softly. "That explains a lot about their battle tactics... But why would they think that? Have they not seen the men on our side?" Conquest leaned against the wall by the cell, answering coolly. "I don't believe so. They have men that guard the gates and work around the compound. I honestly don't think any of those women have even looked beyond the walls for a few months at least." Famine nodded, mumbling out. "So, the question remains... What would Death and War being trying to do with them?" Conquest shrugged, adding in a more discreet voice. "There is something else too. Mark was attacked within the compound by someone who knew he was a Warlord." Famine raised his head slowly with a face full of concern. Sean shrugged, interjecting hopefully. "What does that mean? You just said that you had infiltrators on the inside. Could the person have been-?" Famine cut him off to rush out bluntly. "Impossible. Those infiltrators went missing months ago. They wouldn't be able to identify Mark as a Warlord. He was only just made one. His scar hasn't even healed yet."

Conquest scuffed his armored boot in the dirt, regaling lightly. "Well, someone knew. What do we do now?" Famine jerked his head up to the sound of heavy footfalls on the stairs. At the sound of War's voice, Sean backed up to the wall listening to him greet the others. "Hello Gentlemen... We were wondering what you two have been up too." Conquest straightened up, staring at War with tender eyes. Famine rolled his eyes, lifting his clipboard to casually answer. "We've been working. What have you been doing?" War gestured to his Warlords that were following him. The Warlords set small covered cages on the floor than quickly retreated back up the steps. War tapped one cage with his foot, causing the creature inside to snarl and thrash about. Giving Famine a lusty grin, he informed him smugly. "I've been hunting. I figured you would want to play with your new pet. So, I got you some toys." Conquest's shoulders fell watching War stroll up to Famine without even acknowledging that he was in the room. Famine lazily looked up into War's face, asking dryly. "Where is Death?"

War forced Famine's legs apart, lifting the hem of his black robes to expose Famine's bandaged legs. Stepping closer, War slid his hands up the inner thighs of Famine, purring out closer to Famine's lips. "His men are out trying to find the hoard. While he's soothing Lilith after her miscarriage. Such a whinny thing his woman..." Famine snatched War's wrists before they went too far up his thighs. Squeezing his wrists, Famine glared into his face as he said sternly. "You're one to talk... Don't touch me." Conquest turned his back on them, staring blankly into the cell but not at anyone in it. Sean didn't understand what Conquest could possibly see in a man like War... but it hurt him to see the pain in his bright crystal blue eyes. War didn't feel the pain of Famine's grip as he leaned closer, causing Famine to lean back against the wall. War's eyes drifted to Famine's gold dangling earrings when he softly purred out to him. "I haven't forgiven you for tasing me. But I'm trying to be the bigger man about it." Famine raised an eyebrow, sarcastically shooting back. "Is that what your gifts are for? A peace offering. What do you take me for, War? You can't hunt down my affections. Now I'm warning you. Back off."