Part 28

Mark leaned on the bars wearily. His body hurt from fighting with the bars, but he couldn't relax. He had to stay alert for Sean's sake. Death yanked the prisoner's hood off his body, tossing it aside as he asked him sternly. "This 'colony' you come from. Does it have a cure?" The man whined from the spikes of the chair piercing into his legs, back, and arms. When he didn't answer right away, War moved in to stand before him, telling the others confidently. "I got this." War grabbed the man's strapped down wrists, leaning on them to push them farther down on the spikes as he sneered out close to the man's screaming face. "We don't have all day. You either answer... or I keep going until your body is broken beyond recovery." The man jerked uselessly in the chair, before screaming out. "I DON'T KNOW! That's just what they told me to say!" War glanced over his shoulder to look at Famine, coolly mumbling out. "You might be right... What a strategy to bring people in." War straightened up off the man, questioning curiously. "How many at the colony? What's their security? Guns?"

The man whined, then spit at War's face before snapping out. "Go fuck yourself, Sicko!" The other Horsemen took a step back to give War space. War whipped his cheek and licked his fingers, his red eyes glaring down at the man. War then smirked wickedly, telling him so calmly it was frightening. "Really? Ok. But remember... you asked for it. First, let me show you how I turn myself on..." War cupped the man's face and slid onto his lap. The man belted out an ear piercing scream that made Zero jerk up onto all fours. War tilted the man's head back, brushing his lips over his, while asking still in a soft voice. "Answer me... Or I'll keep going..." The man swallowed, his body quivering in pain, upon whimpering out. "About five-hundred survivors... Families. Some soldiers with guns." War looked to Famine who corrected for the others bluntly. "Clever boy... Telling only half truths to get around my serum. The soldiers outnumber the families. So, we're probably looking at an old military compound. Probably lots of weapons." Death started to pace, muttering out as he twirled a finger through a strand of his long white hair. "They won't go down easy... We'll have to burn out their ammo supplies."

Conquest shrugged, retorting simply. "Can you herd a few zombie Brutes to their compound? It will give us a chance to see how much fire power they are packing." Death let out a heavy sigh, honestly admitting. "I don't know... The storms drove most of the hoards north... They would take my Death Stalkers a while to find." Famine brushed his loose bangs from his eyes, interjecting seriously. "Send your Death Stalkers out to find them. The sooner the better. In the meantime, we need to think of something to weaken them down before they get there." Conquest withdrew an arrow to show the others as he grinned out. "I could take my riders and spread some... pestilence into their paradise?" War covered the man's mouth to muffle his screams, adding back to Conquest dismissively. "I wouldn't recommend it. You attack them and they'll fortify their defenses before the Brutes are rounded up... No. What we need is a pestilence that is more... subtle." War winked at Famine, who lifted his chin and said openly. "You're suggesting an infiltrator?"

War slide off the prisoner's lap, strolling up to Famine and purring over his shoulder as he circled him. "Think about it. They're taking in survivors... So, let's give them a survivor. An 'infected' survivor..." Famine shook his head, mumbling out. "Won't work. We tried that once on another compound. It failed. They know what signs to look for. They'll know the person is infected." War moved in front of Famine, whispering to him lovingly. "Doesn't mean these people are smart enough to catch the virus in early stages. They just need a good sob story to get in." Famine pushed War back to give himself space, before he smirked and said with a wicked grin. "Actually, that could work..." Conquest put his arrow away with a disgusted snort. War shot a smug look at Conquest, whispering to him in a smartass tone. "I even know the perfect little bitch to preform the job." Conquest flicked off War, retorting bitterly. "You'd miss me, Asshole." War rolled his eyes, muttering out dryly. "Are you sure about that? Cause I'm thinking about fucking someone on your grave."