Part 43

As the adrenaline rush left Sean, the pain set in. His leg and shoulder were still bleeding from the bullet wounds and his back felt like it was on fire. Leaning against the door, Sean panted out softly. "Zero... I don't feel good." Chica whined next to him trying to lick his cheek to cheer him up. Zero took a hand off the wheel to put to his forehead. Pulling his hand back, he told Sean uneasily. "You're too warm. I'll crank up the air conditioner, but I can't stop Sean... I need you to hold on." Sean nodded, but he was drifting. Zero snapped his fingers, loudly ordering Sean. "Hey! Sit up! Don't you pass out on me! Here." Zero quickly unfastened his belt, yanking it off to give to him as he told him. "Put that around your leg. Synch it tight to stop the bleeding." Sean wrapped his fingers around the belt, but when he tried to really grab it... his wounded shoulder flared, and he dropped it. Zero cursed, slamming on the breaks. Shifting to look at Sean's wounds, he told him with a wince. "Oh shit... You're bleeding a lot. Hang on."

Zero opened the glove box, removing the little first aid kit to toss on the dash. Picking up his belt, Zero quickly tightened the belt around Sean's thigh. Sean jerked with a scream at the pain, punching the ceiling with his good arm. Zero shushed him, calmly informing him. "I've got to get the bullet out... and you're not going to like it." Zero opened the first aid kit, pulling out sterilizing wipes and scissors. Cutting the hole around the wound to expose it, Zero wiped down the dirty bloody wound in order to see. Taking long tweezers, Zero gently tried to part the skin to see inside. Sean clawed at the ceiling with his shackled wrists, groaning loudly. When Zero removed the bullet, he told Sean in a serious voice. "Alright. That's done... but this is the part you won't like. Zero removed a gun from his hip and popped open the barrel to retrieve a bullet shell. Sean blinked, stammering out. "Wait... W-What are you d-doing, Zero?" Zero removed pliers from under the seat and broke off the end of the bullet shell, answering coolly. "Relax. I've done this before." Removing the bullet, Zero spilled the gun powder into the wound.

Zero surprised Sean by quickly putting a firm hand over his mouth to pin him back against the seat. Sean didn't move until he saw Zero remove a lighter from his pocket and flicked it on. Sean muffled out a scream as Zero told him in a rush. "Sean, stop! I have to! I have to stop it from bleeding!" Zero touched the flame to the powder and Sean arched back with a barely muffled scream. A flame sparked over his leg and Sean felt it sear his flesh. When he settled down, Zero wrapped his leg up. Sean panted heavily, pleading with Zero as he pulled what remained of his shirt off. Zero gave him a grim look, saying softly. "Just one more time." Sean shook his head, but Zero didn't wait for him. Sticking the tweezers in, Zero hunted for the bullet like a butcher. Sean clawed the truck door, weakly pleading out. "Zero... Stop! Please!" After Zero determined that the other bullet had passed through him, he reluctantly reassured him. "I can't. We've got a few miles to go. You'll never make it if you keep bleeding. I'm sorry..." Zero leaned away to remove another bullet and Sean huddled himself into the corner.

Zero came back to pour the powder, but Sean shoved him back. Zero groaned, warning him seriously. "Don't make this harder, Sean. This is the last time." Sean shook his head, snapping out. "Stay away from me!" Zero quickly straddled Sean, pressing a finger to the wound to stop Sean from hitting him. Pouring the powder into the wound, Zero removed his lighter and Sean screamed. Chica let out a menacing growl, biting Zero's shoulder. Zero yelled out in pain but forced himself to light the powder. With one last scream as the pain blinded him, Sean passed out. When Sean awoke, he was laying across the seats of the truck with Chica laying around his legs. Her head was braced up on his hips and she whined when he stirred. Petting her, he stiffly sat up to see Zero outside. Zero had his shirt off and was stitching a fresh wound on his shoulder up. Wincing as he slipped from the truck, he limped over to the stump that Zero was sitting on. Zero saw him approaching and asked him gently. "How are you feeling?" Sean hugged himself with his good arm, noticing that his dirty chest was wrapped up in bandages now. Biting his lip, he said guiltily. "I'm sorry... I know you were just trying to help."