Chapter 28

School was tots boring without Daniel by her side, she hadn't seen him since her birthday and he also hadn't for once made it to class or the night class.

She slumped on her chair and placed her head on the table.

"Awwwn bestie, stop being hard on yourself" Cher said staring at her.

"I miss him" she said raising her head.

"So how was life for you before Daniel came into your heart"

"I don't really know, now I think about it I think it was really boring"

"So what was I to you"

"Umm, Cherry"

"Really?" Cher said suddenly sounding serious.

"I was just kidding" she said chuckling, then she pulled her friend. "Besties forever" she added to the sulking Cherry.

Just then Miss Anne their literature teacher came in cutting their conversation short.

During lunch she passed by David and his crew, they were whispering something to themselves and eyeing her strangely.

She just waved and walked to her locker.

David had still been in touch with her since her birthday. They talked and sometimes had lunch but she noticed the pain and loneliness lurking in his eyes.

She had constantly asked him about Daniel's whereabout but whenever she brought it up he immediately changes the conversation.

She knew something was wrong and couldn't take it anymore, she was slowly losing Daniel. She would have to go see him tonight after tonight's classes so they could work things up.

She opened her locker to find a red rose and card waiting for her. She looked around but saw no one, then she opened the card.

I love you.

Was written in it.

Then she saw David approaching with his boys.

"Hi Amy"

"Was Daniel here" she said with hole in her eyes.

David frowned. "No, I don't think so"

"But...the rose and_"

"Yeah, I put them in there" he said smiling at her.

"Wait what, why"

"Amy, I gat something to say so listen up"

"Listen up everyone" his crew said out loud, then everyone around gave them their attention.

She just stared waiting for whatever he gat on his mind.

"Amy baby, remember what I told you about me being in love with you" he said then held her hands in his.

"So?" She said frowning.

"I really do love you baby and I wanna ask you in front of everyone here today to be my girl, I promise I won't break your heart" he said softly with his eyes pleading with her.

She blinked.

God please she didn't want this, she hadn't seen this coming. Daniel had been right.

What the hell was he even thinking, she was his brother's girlfriend.

"No David, this isn't right" she said pulling her hands away from his.

"What isn't right about this" he said trying to hold her but she moved away from him.

"Am dating Daniel, your brother and you know it, everyone knows about it. David like I said this is absurd" she said suddenly feeling angry that he even had this in mind.

"I don't care about Daniel, where is he now, haven't he ditched you already. Daniel isn't loyal, he will never love you but with me you will find true love"

She slowly shook her head. "No matter what you say I know he loves me and I love him, we will get through this together. He is just going through a lot"

He chuckled. "Am sure he haven't even told you yet"he said, then his crew laughed.

Told her what.

"He has his reasons" she defended.

"I don't give a damn, that's his business. I need my answer now Amy"

Answer, ha! Who was be kidding.

"Am sure you already know my answer even before you asked and it will still be the same, NO!" She said and pulled out the book she had come to get.

He grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him. "No?" He snapped with warning in his voice as he glared at her.

"Yes and I will never change my mind, never David" she said and threw the flower and card at him. "I thought that you had changed but I was wrong, you will never change David, Daniel was right"

She said and turn to go. "And don't you ever in your life lay you flirty finger on me again, EVER" she said and stormed away angrily.

Daniel POV:

He sat in the dark living room staring into dark spaces. His whole world has crumbled and he couldn't do anything about it, he just couldn't. When he had thought that everything will be fine but he had been wrong.

He exhaled and stood up to go pour himself a glass of water when the doorbell rang.

He frowned, David was way earlier than he normally was today. He haven't had the energy to make it to classes for the past weeks but David had been different, he made it to school on regular basis.

God, he missed Amy so much that it hurts and had wanted to go see how she was doing but he didn't have the strength to face her yet. He bet she would be mad, he could still remember the look in her eyes when he had left her on her birthday.

He slowly made it to the door and swung it open.

"Hello Daniel" Amy said and brushed pass him into the house.

He held the door, still not believing who had just walked pass him.

She cleared her throat from inside, then he closed the door and turned.

"I didn't know that you could still recall the way to my house" he said looking at her. She looked extremely beautiful this evening but mad, very mad. He could see the angry look in her eyes, he had been right.