Chapter 9

She continued moving, he followed. "Maybe next time, then I need a can of beer to drown out my sorrow" she said trying to lift the suddenly intense moment.

He laughed suddenly, making her frown. "What are you like sixteen, who will let you get a can of beer"he said still chuckling.

She felt like punching his perfect face. " Let the time come and dude am almost eighteen for your info"she said not knowing why she felt angry all of a sudden. "Sixteen, phew like two years backward"she continued.

He just nodded" Impressive, so why haven't you gotten a car, mama wants to get you a kid sitter" he said mockingly.

"Haha, quit the joke and tell me where the hell we are heading to"
"Well, I felt like skating today but didn't want to go alone so I needed a tag along, hope your skating is good"he said casually.

"Call me a tag along again and I will shove you to the ground"

He looked at her and chuckled"Chill babe I didn't mean it that way, God you are on fire"he said.

They laughed.

"Am sorry about yesterday, about Dave" he said when they were silent again.

She smiled. "I don't want to talk about it, its not your fault its mine, so there is nothing to forgive" she said, unconsciously kicking dirt's with her sneaker.

"Thanks"

"For what?"she asked genuinely surprised.

"For being this beautiful" he said staring sideways at her.

She chuckled.

"Stop being a jerk" she said looking around. "Where is your car?" she asked.

"At home"

"So you walked all the way here"

"Yeah, its kind of fun and I wanna get a new ride today"he said when they slowly approached the Ambrose Millennium skate park. Skaters were already gathered, some were already at work while others sat trying to put on their skaters.

"A new ride, woah and I don't even have one, me, mum and dad have a lot to discuss" Amy said nodding her head slowly.

"I didn't recall seeing your dad" Daniel said.

"He is abroad for business" she said. "But how did you find out my address" she continued.

"Cherry" he said.

"Oh, that loudmouthed lady, I should have known"

"Here we are, let's go put on some skaters" he said smiling, she just nodded and followed him in.

**********
Skating wasn't really a bad idea. To be honest it was fun, it wasn't as exhausting as she had thought it would be.

Daniel held her through the whole process. She hadn't even known that she sucked at skating too, what was she really good at apart from passing exams with an A.

She sat on a bench watching Daniel di his thing. He was really good, she snorted when some single girls smiled at him. Some even pretended to be bad at skating just to get his attention.

He declined their offers to buy drinks promising a next time and all blushed when he called them pretty. He never let his guard down, isn't it.

Honestly speaking he had this charm in him that attracted people to him apart from his sexiness. He slowly approached her, so she shifted for him to take a sit next to her.

"Don't tell me you are bored already"he said as he bent to remove his skaters.

"Nope, am just exhausted and the weather is kind of hot"she said looking up at the sky.

"Care for some ice cream" he said looking at her.

She smiled and looked away, his looks made her stomach sway. "One cup won't hurt, am watching my calories"

"Okay, one cup then"he said, then he got to his knees and started taking off her skaters.

"What are you doing"she said with her eyes wide open in surprise.

"What does it seems like" he said still taking it off.

"I can do it myself" she said jerking back her legs.

"Then I will be a bad date" he said and pulled her leg to him.

"This isn't a date, it is just...ehmm, an outing"she stammered.

He grinned and looked up at her. "Believe it or not it is, your mum even agrees" he said as he stood up, then he dusted his hands together.

"Don't bring my mum into this"

"Why shouldn't I, cause you know she will be on my side right"he said as she stood up. Then he leaned closer to her ear. "Unprotected sex" he whispered.

She hit him softly, he laughed visibly loving the way her face turned all red. "Let's go get the ice cream already" she said and walked away.

"Wait up girl_"

"Amy is the name"she said still walking.

"Are you getting mad honey"he said grinning as he followed her.

"Not funny" she said folding her arms.

"Girl you are sulking, like how old are you anyway" he said, then he placed a hand across her shoulder.

She shook it away as they walked into an ice-cream store and smiled secretly loving the attention.

After getting some ice-cream, they went to a game shop where she won the arcade and was gifted a machine gun for Zake. Daniel even bought her a medium sized pinkish teddy bear for her and finally bought his new ride. She was touched and pecked his cheek to show her thanks, he just shrugged and told her that it was a sign of his thanks for the day.