5. Certain Events

// Castiel's POV

Castiel ran towards the apartment he lived in.

He ran up the stairs to his room. As he guessed, the landlord was standing there, having a few work members move stuff out of the room.

"W-wait what are you doing?!" Cas yelled. The men looked at him as they moved a few chairs from the room.

The landlord smirked and let the men continue moving things.

"Time's up, kid. I've waited far too long for you to pay up." He spat.

"N-no! Please. I- I have money." Castile tried reasoning as he pulled out the money.

"How much is it exactly?"

"T-three hundred."

The landlord scoffed and extended his hand.

"Hand 'em over."

Castiel quickly handed him the money and waited.

The landlord signalled his workers to set down his things.

"You know you still owe me money, boy. You have three days. Do you understand? Three days. And if you don't have that money, you're out." He spat before walking away, the workers following him.

Castiel breathed out. He didn't realize he had been holding his breath.

He ran his hands through his hair and began moving his things back inside.

+++++

Cas finally settled down inside and walked into the kitchen.

He opened the fridge, looking for something to eat. He sighed and closed the door when he found nothing.

He would've used that money for food or buying something nice for the apartment, but of course he always had to hand it over to that stupid landlord.

Castiel walked over to a random chair where he had a canvas set up and sat down. He grabbed different paints and lined them up. He opened his sketchbook and looked at the drawing of the birds.

He grabbed a brush and dipped it in the paint, working on painting those birds.

Maybe he'd take a walk later.

He wish he hadn't disappeared like that. He'd still have money. He wouldn't have to live here.

+++++

// Dean's POV

Dean wandered around the park, thinking about what Cas would do with the money he gave him.

$350 is what they earned. Dean had only kept fifty bucks.

The thing is, Castiel seemed like well-- homeless. He certainly looked it anyways.

But maybe he wasn't.

But what the heck, it didn't matter. Dean hoped if he was homeless, that money could've gotten him something.

Dean walked out of the park and towards his baby, headed for work. He had a few days off and it was about time he went to see if they needed him.

He parked his car and quickly wandered into the shed. There was no one working any cars.

"Bobby?" He called.

"In here." A voice answered. Dean walked into his office and smiled.

"Hey Bobby. Just checking to see if ya need any help."

"Hello Dean. And well, as you probably saw, no one's really here today so yea. Try showing up tomorrow."

Dean slowly nodded, thanked him and walked away. But instead of walking towards his Impala, he kept going, past it.