9. Shattered Hearts

^ Me af Right Now ^

// Castiel's POV

"I think I'm in love with you."

The words rang through his ears after he felt soft lips against his.

That was last night. Where he was sure he had been dreaming.

Dreaming of Dean climbing into bed with him, Cas pleading him to stay...a shared kiss and love confessions.

It was all a dream. Cas was now awake. But he didn't want to open his eyes and find himself under a bridge, cold and wet. He didn't want to find himself without Dean.

Maybe the soft cushioning was just his mind playing tricks on him.

Castiel didn't dare open his eyes.

Until he felt a strong arm wrap around his face and pull him against something.

Castiel's eyes fluttered open and his surroundings cleared.

He found himself being held against Dean's body. Well, at least that part wasn't a dream. And if this wasn't a dream...that meant Cas was really kicked out of his apartment.

On the bright side, if this wasn't a dream, that would mean that Dean loved him. Oh dear.

Castiel did his best not to move. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity! He inhaled Dean's scent and tried to memorize it.

Dean backed away and snuggled his face against the pillow.

Castiel could see how peaceful he looked. His lashes draping over his freckled cheeks. How his lips were slightly parted.

He did his best not to touch him. So he just stared...and counted. He counted Dean's freckles starting from his nose down to the edge of his shirt.

And when Dean began to stir awake, furrowing his brow as the sunlight danced along the freckles of his face, Castiel closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

He felt the bed shift as Dean stressed. Dean turned to his side and looked at the 'sleeping' angel.

Dean smiled to himself and scooted closer to him, so their noses brushed against each other slightly.

Dean wished Cas was awake so he could see his eyes again.

"I really do think I'm in love with you..." he whispered, moving strands of hair from Cas' forehead.

Castiel shifted slightly, trying his best not to freak out too much.

Dean sighed and kissed Cas' forehead. When he pulled away his eyes meet with Castiel's.

"Cas! How long have you been awake?" Dean asked, scooting away from him.

Castiel blinked a couple of times before sitting up, smiling.

"Me? Oh I just woke up!" He said, moving the sheets off of him and climbing out of bed.

"Cas, wait!" Dean called after him.

But it was to late...the sheets had tangled around Cas' foot and sent him falling hard on the floor.

"Son of a-- "

"I tried to warn you." Dean laughed, unwrapping the blanket from Cas' leg.

Castiel groaned and let Dean help. His face was heating up and he did his best to calm it down.

"There we go." Dean smiled and let go of his leg. Castiel quickly sat up and brushed himself off, making sure his growing blush had calmed down before turning around to face Dean.