6. I'll Take Twenty

\\T W O D A Y S//

// Castiel's POV

Castiel woke up that morning feeling something completely different. He felt...happy. Well, happier than he's been in a while.

He had the most amazing dream. He had met a man with a guitar and they sang and danced. It was beautiful...and so was he. His eyes were this beautiful green color.

Castiel stretched his arms out in front of him only to see a number scribbled on his hand.

Holy shizzles! It wasn't a dream!

Castiel quickly pulled on a pair of jeans, not bothering to put on a shirt and ran out the door and into the hall where there was a pay phone.

He quickly dialed the number and placed it to his ear, hoping someone answered.

It was silent for a while before it began ringing.

It rang around five times before the sound of someone picking up the phone filled his hears.

"Hello?" A scruff, low, tired voice spoke.

Castiel had to pull the phone away from his ear for a while to quietly scream to himself. Someone answered! OMG YAY SOMEONE ACTUALLY ANSWERED! But what if it's not Dean?

"H-hi. Who am I speaking with?" Castiel asked in a quiet voice.

"Well you're the one who called-- anyway, this is Dean,"

Castiel smiled widely and jumped around happily.

"Okay who is this?" Dean asked, a hint of frustration in his voice.

Castiel calmed himself down and took in a few deep breaths.

"C-Castiel. . ."

There was silence for what seemed like forever.

Did he not remember?

Was he that easy to forget?

But Dean had asked him out on a date. He should remember who he is.

"Castiel?" Dean asked, as if he had no idea who he was speaking with. Castiel felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach. Dean had forgotten him. It had been less than a full day. He should have expected this. Things like this usually happen anyway.

"Cas!" There was a cry of excitement on the other side of the phone, causing Cas to jump back a little.

"Y-yes?"

"Oh god Cas! Sorry if it seemed like I didn't remember you man. It's what, 6AM and I didn't get much sleep last night so yea. Anyway, still up for that date?"

Castiel's heart fluttered and he nodded frantically, only to realize Dean couldn't hear him.

"Yes! Of course I am!"

Dean laughed and Castiel could hear him smiling all the way from his apartment.

"Okay well I'll come pick you up at around two?"

"S-sure. . .that sounds okay." He whispered.

"Great. Well, I'll see you in a few hours, Cas."

Castiel nodded and hung up, sliding down against the wall.

((Okay so this probably isn't so important but the way I'm writing Cas' looks are 2014!Cas. Like, crack head Cas. You know the one who gets washed up for orgies. Okay keep reading.))

He ran his hands through his hair and smiled.

It was 6AM. He had plenty of time.

Castiel quickly stood up and ran back into his room, gathering a few paintings he had made.