10. Art Supplies

Last time this was updated, it was Halloween. Shame on you Ana. Shame on you...

// Castiel

The ride home was silent. Not the awkward quiet where you want to crawl into a hole and die. It was a somewhat comforting quiet, because Dean was smiling and holding Cas' hand.

But Castiel was confused at the moment.

As Dean drove and held his hand, Cas watched everything pass by outside. He began thinking: What would become of himself? He didn't want to be a burden to Sam and Dean. What about all his art? It was all ruined and he no longer had any supplies.

Why had he let Dean kiss him? Why had Cas kissed him a second time? Sure, they had kissed before, but as the sun rose to the middle of the blue sky and Dean squeezed his hand, Castiel began to wonder if he could just let this man into his life. It was probably too late now.

Castiel sighed and leaned against the window, looking up at the fluffy clouds floated across the sky.

Dean glanced at him. "Hey, don't worry. I'll help get you some new supplies! I'll get you more than you had!"

Castiel looked at him and felt his face heat up. Dean was staring at him with a wide smile and determination in his eyes. The blush on his cheeks made his freckles stand out more.

"I'm fine. Thank you." He said and turned back outside.

Castiel didn't notice when they arrived until Dean opened his door, took his hand and lead him outside.

"Sam's out studying for his finals...which are in like two months, but he's a nerd so he's gotta study early." Dean says, checking the mail. He pulled out a few bills and magazines, but one letter in particular stands out.

"Holy shit..." Dean whispered before running to unlock the door.

They step inside and Castiel stood there awkwardly. He had no intention of coming back.

Dean looked back at him and smiled. "Hey don't worry! I'll buy you new canvases and everything!"

Castiel smiled at him, trying to make things a little less awkward.

+

"I'm home!" Sam called, stepping inside the small house.

"How'd the studying go?" Dean asked, taking a bite of his pizza and turning away from the tv.

Sam walked into the kitchen, grabbed his own pizza and shrugged. "Same as always...slow. I think I have everything covered so far. Where's Cas? I found something of his...I think."

Dean stands up and puts the pizza down. "Cas!"

A few seconds later, Castiel poked his head into the kitchen where the boys are. "Oh, hello, Sam."

Sam smiled and pulls out a small card from his pocket. "Found it in the laundry. Don't know if it's important." He hands it to Cas.

Castiel eyes it, the small but bold lettering and numbers staring back at him.

Frank Avery
(634) 180-7037

"Thank you, Sam." He whispered.

"Well Sammy. I've got something for you!" Dean sang, smiling widely. Sam looked up at him curiously, so did Cas.