8. Wandering On The Streets

// Castiel's POV

Castiel tried to close his eyes tighter than they already were when the sun peeked in through the window. ((That stalker sun. Always watching us))

When the birds began to chirp rather loudly and off key, and car horns blared down the street, Castiel groaned and sat up.

What time was it? Castiel glanced at the clock on his wall that read it was around ten in the morning and sighed. Why were the cars all fussy this early?

Castiel rubbed his eyes and pulled the blanket off of him. He pulled on his worn out slippers and walked into the bathroom.

He was in the middle of brushing his teeth when he remembered what he was supposed to be doing.

Castiel quickly pulled on an old shirt and jeans and headed for the box where he had placed the money in last night.

Just as he was opening the door, there was a loud banging on it.

Castiel ran to the door and swung it open. The landlord was standing there with two men.

"Oh! Good morning! I- I have your money in here!" Cas smiled widely and ran back inside.

"Mr. Novak. For your own good, I'd really like to talk to you." The landlord called.

"Don't worry! I'll have everything paid and-- " but Castiel cut himself off when he opened the box. More than half of the money was gone. He only had $200 left!

"W-what was it you needed to tell me?" Castiel asked, stepping back to the door with a dazed expression.

"I found out you were trying to hide bills from me." He said.

"W-what?" Castiel asked, his eyes wide.

"I found the copies of them-- you should know by now I keep two copies of these things. Turns out you never paid these off and the other copies are no where to be found. So you tell me Mr Novak. Did you actually try to hide these bills from me?"

Castiel felt his face grow hot. He looked down at his feet, clutching the money he had left in his hand.

He didn't know what to say. He couldn't lie...all the proof was there.

"I'm so sorry! I just needed more time to get the money and-- "

"That's all I needed to know." The landlord sighed before walking away. "Take his things and toss him on the curb."

"No! Wait! I can get the money! I just-- "

"What need time? I gave you enough of that. You're out, Novak. Besides, it doesn't even look like you have enough for the $800."

The men pushed Castiel to the side and he stood there to watch all his things be pushed out of the house. The only things that were his were canvases, paints, brushes, books, a few vases, and clothes.

They moved it all outside and kicked him out too.

Castiel stood there. On the side of the road. All his things piled by a post. Most of his paintings were ripped apart and his paints were spilled and flowing into the drain.

He slowly sank to his knees and cried inti his hands. People walked by, murmuring things. And if things weren't bad enough, it started raining five minutes later. ((Is this sad enough yet?))

Castiel's breathing was short. He was crying too hard. Everything was gone.

The paints washed away into the drains and his paintings smudged and became deformed.