2. The Lonely Artist

*Hello and welcome to chapter two of this new fic! I hope you liked that fist chapter and something tells me this is going to go very well. Please enjoy this chapter!*

// Castiel's POV

Castiel clutched the canvas close to him as he wandered into the park.

It was full today for some reason. Well it was full everyday since he arrived but today it was really full.

Which meant it would be awkward to paint because more people would probably watch him and ask what he was painting.

Which always lead to socializing....ugh Cas hated socializing.

He walked over to a bench and set his bag down and the canvas out next to him.

He fished around the bag before pulling out a folded tripod thing that painters use ((sorry I was writing this in a hurry)) and set it in front of him.

He placed the canvas on it and pulled out paints and a brush from his bag.

Castiel looked around the park. It was too noisy. Too many people running around and they were having some strange photo shoot on one side of the park-- it all just wasn't letting him concentrate.

Cas ended up settling with painting a rose bush with pollinating bees surrounding it. He really liked bees.

He hummed quietly to himself and cleaned off his brush so it'd be ready for another color of paint.

"What are you doing?" A small voice asked.

Castiel turned and faced a small boy watching him.

"I'm painting."

"I like it."

"Thank you." Cas smiled. He turned and continued painting, making sure to add every detail. He hated speaking to people but he wouldn't complain if it was a child-- that's rude.

Castiel usually talked to children before their parents scolded them and took them away. The parents always looked at him like he was trash. And it was probably true. Cas was usually found in baggy clothing and messy hair. He had scruff growing on his chin and down his neck. But he liked that look, even if he knew he was trash.

He knew he was different-- trash, yea-- but different.

Castiel often thought that the reason people stared at him the way they did was because this park was a park where you'd find people of a higher class.

So obviously they would look at Cas like he didn't belong in the world. And the thing was, Cas knew he didn't.

And he probably never would.

"Jack! What are you doing?! Get away from that man, can't you see he's filthy?" A woman in a white dress and blonde hair walked up to them, and grabbed the boy by his collar.

"I'm sorry mom! I just wanted to see his painting!"

The woman glared at Castiel before dragging the boy away with her.

Cas sighed and worked on a rose on the bush of his painting.

Then he heard the sound of a guitar. Castiel glanced towards the source of the sound and saw a man walking around, strumming his guitar with a wide smile on his face.

Castiel found it astonishing how people could still be happy. He longed to feel that way. He hadn't felt happy in a long time.

Still, Castiel smiled at the man and continued his work.

He wondered what it was like to feel happy.

What it would feel like to have someone make you happy.

Castiel saw the man sit on a park bench and continued playing his guitar, people gathering around.

Castiel smiled at the sight and pulled away the canvas, putting a clean one on the tripod thing.

He mixed paints together and washed his brushes.

And he begun painting the guitar man.

*Hello! So how was that chapter? Eh? No one's reading ;-; then again I always say that._. So I hope whoever is reading, enjoyed this!

ComeAlongHolmes_ *