The Return of Temperton

Swalezee  Domo2012  Taticia1  thedreamer97  BambiBoo17  LoveDelenaForever12  smileycactus  fredfredmole30  bubbles47  MizukixxxYuko  shewolf09801  lovelylily  LivLovesParker 

Thank you so much for all your comments and likes/votes...I don't know what they're called anymore...but thanks for everything. This story is almost at 100,000 reads now, that's a whole lot. Every single one of you are amazing and I appreciate every little bit.

Also as a side note, I'd just like to dedicate this chapter to my amazing Grandad Albert who's battling cancer right now, I love you so much and this one's for you. 

Courtney POV

Two weeks later and things had changed. I was spending as much time as possible alone, I was so scared of being found out even though soon I knew it would be too late. I was wearing baggy t-shirts all the time. That was my only shield if someone asked to see me. At my dad’s new house I was sat in my small bedroom with our new puppy chewing on the chew toy on the floor next to me when there was a knock on my door.

“Yeah Dad?” I called but was met with a surprise when Remus entered instead of my father. “Oh Remus, hey.”

“Hi.” He said, looking worried.

“What’s wrong?” I questioned, watching him carefully.

“Nothing, I’m fine.” He replied honestly and I raised my eyebrows at him and pulled the blanket up even higher over my body just in case. “May I?” He asked, indicating to the end of my bed.

“Sure.” I answered and he sat himself down awkwardly at the end of the bed.

“Lily’s worried about you.” He told me and I tried to look surprised. I wasn’t. I was ignoring her phone calls and her letters, she was in Paris with her family at the minute so I thought if she asked I could just say the letters never reached me and I was never in when she called. “James is too.”

“Why? I’ve spoke to James.” I snapped, folding my arms in defence.

“You told him you can’t see him at all this summer and said it was because of homework. That’s worrying, Court.” Remus said to me, raising his eyebrows.

“I’ve been busy.” I told him defensively. “Buddy, shut up.” I snapped at the dog on the floor that decided to erupt into a fit of barking. My dad ended up calling him downstairs for his daily walk. Remus and me sat in silence for a few moments.

“I know what’s going on, Courtney.” Remus mumbled, looking down at his hands. My eyes flew up to meet his, though I knew he was avoiding my gaze.

“You do?” I challenged and Remus nodded.

“You know I do and you’re not going to be able to get through this on your own.” He told me.

“I’m not going to be on my own.” I snapped and Remus looked at me sadly and I realised that he did know what was going on. Petunia’s wedding, he was sober, he would have noticed. The morning after, of course he’d be suspicious. I remember what he told me when I was throwing up into the toilet.

Everything’s going to be okay.’

He knew and didn’t say anything. I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he knew what I’d just realised.

“How’s Sirius?” I asked, my mouth suddenly feeling very dry. Sirius had been the most difficult to ignore because he had been ignoring me. Remus merely shook his head and refused to look me in the eye. I couldn’t help but feel worried. “What’s happened?”