Of insults and comforts

cookootanee  RiddlerStar (twice;) VictoriaLouiseRooney  PunkWriterGurl  marauderlover  Swalezee

I'm back from an amazing two weeks in Florida and I hope you all enjoy this chapter; I'm not overly satisfied with this chapter but I couldn't find a way around it. Next update will be up as soon as it's written.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Days that seemed like weeks passed and so did my hope for me and Sirius to stay friends. It didn’t get any easier for me but with him it seemed the complete opposite; everywhere I turned it seemed he was flirting with some other girl. If I didn’t know any better I would’ve believed that me and Sirius had no connection to each other whatsoever, but I did know better and it was slowly becoming clear to me that Sirius was purposely dangling these girls in front of me. I would’ve been able to handle the flaunting of girls he could so easily win if it wasn’t for his ignorance.

Sirius didn’t even look my way and whenever I tried to talk to him he didn’t even bother acknowledging my existence anymore. I tried hating him like I had before but it didn’t work; if anything it made the reasons I had to love him even more obvious. I decided for a final time on the second week back to try and talk to him and if it didn’t work then, as much as I didn’t want to, I would admit defeat and let Sirius deal with this all in his own twisted way.

It was after transfiguration and McGonnagal had ordered Sirius to stay behind and take notes from the blackboard. Normally Sirius would come up with a witty remark or something of the sort but instead he did as he was told and stayed behind. I lingered behind by the door waiting for McGonnagal to leave. He had no idea I was watching him, we both stayed silent while he wrote what must’ve been a few words before throwing his quill down in frustration and shoved his face into his hands.  I was lost in his actions, trying to figure them out.

“Sirius,” I began, saying his name cautiously as though it was a bomb and with one wrong word it would explode.

Sirius jumped, picked up his quill and continued taking notes but this time it looked more like he was scribbling than actually writing anything.

“How are you?” I asked tentatively. Sirius continued writing and I could feel my patience wearing thin. “So you’re just going to pretend I don’t exist from now on?”

That’s when Sirius got up and made his way to the door quickly.

“I still exist Sirius!” I yelled, losing my temper.

“I know you exist I just ignore you most of the time.” Sirius snapped at me, turning round to face me with a stone cold expression on his face.

“Why ignore me? What’s it going to achieve?” I demanded the rage I was feeling still bubbling on the surface waiting for another opportunity to explode.

“Maybe you’ll get it into your thick head that I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.” He spat at me. I flinched at his words.

“Are you trying to be a dick now or is that just what you’ve become?” I thought it was only fair that if he was going to take digs at me and hurt my feelings than I had every right to take a swipe at him.

“You’re opinion means nothing to me Templeton.”

And just like that he had left me in the transfiguration classroom, completely and utterly shocked by the encounter we had just had. I let out a shaky breath I didn’t know I had been holding and unclenched my muscles. That was nothing short of intense and I was waiting for the real pain to hit; it was the moments after being burnt where you couldn’t yet feel the sting, and sting it did.