Morbid Thoughts And Co.

RiddlerStar  Taticia1  ItsAUnicorn  CookieMonster203203  CaitlynMalfoyBlack  Swalezee  JoJoGill

I started crying halfway through writing this...I'm not sure why...but I know it's short but it is one of the most important chapters in the story so far. Enjoy.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I wanted to yell, scream for help or something but I was in shock; everything was happening so quickly yet it felt like it was in slow motion. I saw the werewolf running towards us, I noticed someone yank Snape out of the way, I heard Keilyn’s scream and before I knew it the werewolf had lunged at me. It was on top of me, its long arm on my neck so I couldn’t breathe. I heard the deafening roar as its saliva dripped onto my face.

That was it. I was going to die, there was no way out for me. I would either die or become a werewolf; I was seventeen and going to be dead in the next few seconds. The werewolf tilted its head back ready to bite me, I closed my eyes and a million things flashed through my mind; my family, my friends and, finally, Sirius.

A weight lifted off my chest and I knew it had happened, that was how it had felt to die; completely numb, feeling weightless, untouchable almost. I relaxed and accepted the fact that it was over for me, all I could do was calm my mind and that’s what I did. I could still vaguely hear the voices of the people I had left behind, screaming my name; somebody telling me to get up. No chance of that, I was dead and gone already.

I remembered the last death I had gone through, I was a young girl and it was the start of spring; new beginnings just waiting for the endings to pass. I had been sitting in my room drawing out my thoughts, little bursts of imagination from a five year old’s mind, spurts of things adults would never even attempt to grasp. My mother had knocked on my door, her eyes sparkling with tears. At seven years old, seeing my mother cry was the worst sight in the world and instantly made me cry. She had sat beside me on my bed and I stared at her, silently crying with her though I wasn’t sure why.

I had done what she would do when I cried, I wrapped my little arms around her and held her and before I knew it my voice followed what her’s did in this sort of situation. I was singing to her, doing my best to hold a tune like my mother could so easily do. It was a song she’d sung to me for as long as I could remember and even at five the words came naturally to me.

“Hush now my dear

There’s nothing to fear.

The monsters are sleeping,

There’s no time for weeping.

Nothing will hurt you.

I know that you’ll get through.

The ending is clear

It would appear.

That everything is okay.

It’s just a bad day.”

Of course what I didn’t know or understand while I was singing to my mother was that it hadn’t been just a bad day or a bad week or even a bad month, it had been a terrible year and a half altogether. Of course my mother never managed to stop crying long enough to explain to me, so instead my father explained before he tucked me in that very night.

“Daddy,” I had said just after my mother had bid me a tearful goodnight. “Why is mummy crying?”

My father looked at me sadly, kissing my forehead before answering.