Chapter 10- Explanations

Bella POV

Two days later

"Bella" Charlie called softly.

"Yeah?" I replied.

'"Can you come down stairs for one minute, please?" he asked.

"Sure, dad. One second"

I sighed and put down the letter from Esme, I still hadn't opened it, I was too scared. I headed down the stairs, remembering the last time Charlie had asked me to come down the stairs, which was two days ago when Emmett and Rosalie had visted- although I wasn't sure whether all of that was real or just another one of my dreams. I hadn't really plucked up the courage to ask Charlie yet, plus I didn't want to worry him. I couldn't always tell the difference between my dreams and reality. I knew Emmett and Rosalie had visited though because I had the letter from Esme and their contact details.

"Where are you?"

"In the Kitchen, Bells"

I walked into the kitchen, where my dad stood with two huge plates of food.

"Dad..." I began.

I'd alredy told him countless times that I wasn't hungry and didn't really feel like eating but he wouldn't give up on the matter. I knew I was worrying him and I felt awful about it- but I was trying, I really was.

"Look, Bells, I know, ok? But listen, I don't care if you don't eat anything but I want to talk to you so I figured we could talk over lunch? Please Bells" he begged.

"Fine" I gave in. I just wouldn't eat, fine.

"D'you want a glass of water, dad?" I asked heading over to the sink.

"Yeah, thanks"

I brought the two glasses of water to the table and sat down on my old and faded red chair. I had always loved this chair and had insisted on always sitting in this particular place just because I loved it. Whenever guests had come round and tried to sit there, I scolded them and shooed them away from my seat.

"Listen, Bells. I know that you're going through a hard time, ok? But I need to know what happened, you're telling me nothing. And I'm your dad, I need to know!"

"What do you want to know?" I asked, as calmly as I could.

"Everything, because I care about you. What happened in the forest that day? Because really that was the day when you changed."

I took a deep breath. I didn't like talking about Edward anymore and Charlie knew it. It was hard for me to speak especially of that day. But I knew Charlie wouldn't ask me something like this unless it was really important. So I would do it, for him.

"Edward came over to my house after school and said that he wanted to go for a walk with me in the forest. Of course, I agreed. So we headed off into the forest. We had only been walking for about two to three minutes, so the house was still in sight, when Edward stopped." I took a huge breath. "He told me that his family and him were leaving Forks", I couldn't belive it..." I trailed off.

"Wait, is that it?!" Charlie aske shocked.

"No, no" I continued. "So I told him that I wanted him to stay...and that we had to keep in contact"

The last bit was a lie but how could I tell Charlie that I was going to leave Forks to leave with Edward? Futhermore, explain that Edward was a freaking vampire?!

"But he said that that wasn't it, that he was breaking up with me. I protested, saying that we could keep in contact, that he couldn't do this to me, that he was the love of my life but he refused to listen. He said that he had never loved me, been more intruiged by me because I was different" I choked out, as I began to cry.

"Oh Bella" Charlie sighed.

"And then I asked him when, when had he noticed....had he been stringing me along the whole time or only noticed recently..." I trailed off.

"And what did he say?" Charlie asked, worriedly.

"He said he had relaized when they went on that trip to visit family in Alaska....you know the trip three months ago. This entire time for three months he has been dating this other girl, just stringing me along!" I exclaimed. "But that's not the worst of it!" I cried. "The worst bit he's never coming back! And I don't have his phone number, his email, nothing! I have nothing!"

"Oh Bella, I'm so sorry" Charlie whispered, pulling me into a tight hug. After a few minutes, I pulled away and continued.

I knew Charlie couldn't really understand. To him, Edward was just another high school boyfriend.

"I thought they were all leaving without saying goodbye but then the other day Emmett and Rosalie came to say goodbye..." I mumured.

"Oh yes, I let them in. Were they horrid to you as well? Cause if they were I swear-"

"No dad, they were very kind. They gave me a letter from Esme- I haven't opened it yet- she had to leave in a rush because of some" I paused "some family matter" I lied again.

Charlie nodded. "And what did they have to say?" he asked, curiously.

"They said they were so sorry, they really felt for me and they gave me their contact details and they said goodbye. They told me they didn't want to leave but they didn't really have a choice, they're off to university after all. They were kind to me, dad" I explained.

"Yes, I always liked Emmett, decent guy and Rosalie too, she's very mature..."

"Yes" I agreed. "They told me something else as well..." I trailed off.

"Yes?" Charlie asked.

"They said that Alice and Jasper were staying in Forks"

"What?!" Charlie spluttered.

"I know" I said.

"But how?" Charlie asked, confused. "How come there not leaving with the rest of them?"

"Um, I don't really know actually."

The doorbell rang, sharp and loud. I looked down at my plate, surpised to find nearly all of the food eaten. Charlie smiled at me.

"I'll get it" I began.

"No, I will" Charlie argued, heading for the door.

Opening the door, I heard the voice I would recognise anywhere.

"Charlie!"

Alice's.