Chapter 32- Dates

Bella POV

Vampire's can't sleep.

That's common knowledge. But in a sense that's not true. Vampires can sleep just not in the same way as humans.

It's really hard to describe or explain- which is why I am having trouble here explaining myself.

Basically, it feels as if you are simply daydreaming. Or letting your mind wander into nothingness but for a long time. You forget everything for however long you like, perhaps you mull a few things other occasionally but it is all calm. You are- I suppose- in peace with yourself.

That's where I had been for the past three hours. Lying in a gorgeous huge bed mulling everything over. Next to Alec.

Yep, I know.

I couldn't really wrap my mind around everything that had happened in the last four hours. I had nearly been raped.

"Morning Bella....woah, Demetri come look at this! Bella and Alec are already hooking up!" Felix exclaimed, as he burst into my room.

"Wait- what?! No we're not!" I protested as Demetri came in- a grin on his face.

I was sure that if I was human I would be bright red at this moment.

"Well then...why are you in bed with Alec?" Felix smirked.

"Because..well..I" I stumbled.

I had no clue what to say. How did I explain. I could hardly just say Oh yeah, Alec saved me from being raped.

"Exactly" Demetri snickered.

I glared at him.

"Actually- we weren't hooking up" Alec cut in. I threw him a thankful glance.

Felix raised an eyebrow. "What were you doing then?"

"Bella got incredibly lonely and exhausted last night and begged me to take her back- which I did. When I was about to leave her she literally begged me to stay with her...to which I was surprised to say the least but I stayed." Alec explained.

Felix sent me a wink.

"Good luck getting Alec into bed with you, Bells" Felix smirked.

"I don't want to sleep with him!" I exclaimed.

"Oh so you don't think I'm sexy?" Alec joked, faking hurt.

"Nope" I snickered.

"You wound me" Alec said, with a hand against his forehead.

"Or more precisely his heart" Demetri winked at Alec, as he put his hand on his heart.

"So where did you disappear to last night?" Demetri asked me. "We couldn't find you anywhere"

I gulped. "Umm..." I began. "Well I went outside for a breath of fresh air...um...and talked to a few people and then went back"

"Huh" Felix said.

"Oh my God guys- you totally missed some drama" Felix exclaimed, in a girly voice.

"Oh really?" Alec scoffed. "Drama- yeah right!"

"No seriously" Felix carried on. "You missed an angry red head and a proposal!"

"Wait WHAT?" I exclaimed.

"I know!"

"Tell me more" I demanded.

"Okay well...just after one in the morning, this fiery red haired woman called Victoire...not Veronica...what was it Dem?"