Jasper's tasks Part 1

Japser POV

I pressed my lips to Alice's. 

"Be nice" I smirked at her, pulling away. 

"Don't worry, I won't eat anyone" she joked. 

"I love you"

"That's nice..." she said, kissing me once more.

 Glancing at her watch, she pulled away and opened the car door. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10?" I checked. 

"Sounds good" she nodded. 

She started to walk away when suddenly she turned around and looked at me. 

"Oh and Jasper?"

"Yes, Ali?"

"I love you too"

"That's nice" I quoted her earlier. 

She smirked at me and turned around, beginning to walk again. I watched as she walked into the house, embracing Charlie lightly as she smiled at him and nodded. 

Only when she had gone inside and closed the door behind her, did I start the engine and began to drive off.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo------oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One and a half hours later...

"That's a very difficult thing to do" he looked at me uncomfortably, refusing to meet my eyes. 

"I appreciate that but I've known you for many years now and thought that you would be capable of such a task, from past experience." I said cooly. "Clearly I was wrong..." I continue, beginning to get up.

"No, wait, Mr Whitlock" Jenks said, pressing a sweaty hand on mine to make me sit down. 

I glared at him. He knew how I felt about physical contact and if he couldn't work with my rules then I would have to leave. One of the great things about Jenks  was that his expression didn't change in the slightest despite my cold touch. Jenks knew there was something off about our family but he was the kind of person that would rather not know so that if anything went wrong he could say- and truthfully say- that he knew nothing about our family. He was very like me in that sense. 

"Listen, Jasper" he said, watching my reaction at the use of my first name. "I didn't say that I couldn't do it, I just meant that it'll take a little time and will cost...Where will you get the money from?"

"Oh don't worry, the money's no problem, I promise you that" I assured him. 

"But....you no longer have your parents....?" Jenks began confused. "Never mind, as long as the money we'll be here" 

That was one of the things I really liked about Jenks. He didn't ask questions. He didn't dive into my personal life or ask about the task I gave him. As long as he got the money and reasonably liked me, he was happy. I think Jenks knew that I didn't want to speak about it and respected my decision. I really respected him for that and decided that perhaps I would be a little more friendly than usual as a thanks. 

"Alright then, how soon do you want it done?" Jenks asked me professionally. 

"Well obviously I would like it as soon as possible" I said coldly, then remembering to be nice I added "But I understand that it will take time, naturally" I said, smiling at him "so how long do you need?"

Jenks looked suprised that I asked for his opinion and I felt a little guilty. Perhaps, I was a little more harsh than necessary...

"Um, could I have two days?" he asked, hesitantly. 

"Of course, I agreed. I will come with the money this time in two days. All I need to see from you is some kind of proof that you've done it. A screenshot or something..." I said, easily. 

"Perfect" Jenks sighed, relief radiating off his body. 

"How much do you need for the job?" I asked.

Jenks lowered his voice and leant a little closer to me "Obviously I would normally charge a little more but because you're a regular client and all....how about we do twelve grand?"

I nodded. "Twelve sounds good and if you can do it flawlessely I'll give you another two grand on top of that" I added.

"I think you might be losing fourteen grand, Mr Whitlock" Jenks smiled cautiously at me. 

"We shall see" I smiled back at him. "Anyway I must be off..." I said, getting up from my blood coloured seat. 

"Already?"

"I'm afraid so" 

"Oh well, please send my love to Miss Cullen, your wife and do say thank you to her for the lovely present!" Jenks said gratefully. 

"I will do" I promised. 

"I'll see you in two days, then..." Jenks said akwardly, getting up to shake my hand. 

"Yes, two days" I said as I smiled at him before walking briskly out the room. I had other jobs to do. 

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo---------------------ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Another hour on

"Are you sure?" I asked. "100% sure that there is nowhere a little bigger...?" I asked, thinking of Alice. 

I was currently trying to buy a property for Alice and myself near Forks and Bella. I knew Alice would want something with room to put her clothes and I wanted somewhere near the forest and seperate from other properties, preferably with the forest nearby. 

"Well...we do have one property other than the one I already showed you..." the estate agent trailed off. 

The other property....it had been perfect in all ways. The house was large, spacious. The forest was just a second away- and some of it was private land. The kitchen was open plan. There were huge amount of windows letting in light and five bedrooms all with spectacular views. There was only one problem. It was their house. Esme's and Carlisle's. Although it would have been nice to keep our home, we needed a fresh start to get rid of the memories. It would be too hard. So, to the estate agent's obvious shock, had said no to the house. 

"Yes?" I asked. "can I see some pictures?"

"Of course!"

I was very keen to move out of the rather small- in my opinion- flat that myself and Alice were renting it. It was perfectly fine but we were going to be staying in Forks for at least another two years so we needed somewhere we could really call home. 

"Here they are" the estate agent said, handing me a series of photographs. 

"It looks very nice" I began. 

The estate agent sighed with relief. 

"How much is it on for...?" I asked, even though the price didn't really matter at all. 

"Three million"

"Fine" I answered. "When can I view the property?"

"Tomorrow, if you would like"

"Yes, at ten?"

"Perfect"

And just like that I was going to be viewing a house tomorrow at ten o'clock.