Chapter 36- Tension

Two years later...

"My dear- we must celebrate tomorrow night" Aro exclaimed. 

"Yes, we must. Thank you so much Aro, I am truly honoured" I said gratefully.

"Don't be, you deserved it" Aro smiled kindly at me. 

I smiled back at him. 

Aro had just given me the honour of becoming one of the Volturi royalty. Over the past two years, I had done lots for the Volturi. I had helped them succeed in numerous battles with my gift. I had now learnt- with Felix's help- how to make my shield block physical movements as well as powers. And now, in return, for my help and decision making, Aro had given me the title of Queen Bella, as well as a throne. Now I would be equal with Caius and Demetri. 

"We shall throw a huge party in which every worthy vampire shall be invited" Aro announced. 

Everyone clapped and a few people started whooping. 

Alec came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Well done" he murmured from behind me as he kissed my cheek. I turned my head to face his face. 

"Thank you" I murmured. 

"Alright" Aro clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "Let's plan the best party of the year, Jane, James and Heid follow me" he demanded. 

"The rest of you" Jane added "Don't do nothing. Start making a guest list" 

Everybody nodded obediently. Nobody was going to argue with Jane when it came to organising parties. 

"Bella" Heidi called out, as she followed Aro and Jane out of the room. 

I turned to face her with a smile. 

"This is a surprise, ok? So leave this room and do something nice" Heidi ordered me. 

"Yes, ma'am" I mock saluted her. 

Hedi stuck her tongue out at me just before she walked out the room. 

Jane POV

a couple of hours later

"No no no!" I screamed, mortified. 

"Where is Lexi? Have you forgotten how she helped us just last week? And why is Eleazer invited?" 

"Jane, we will add Lexi but" Mary began to explain "but Eleazer is a good family friend- we can't not invite him surely?" 

"Of course, we can. They are with the cullens- and they most certainly aren't invited" I explained, impatiently.

"But we cannot ignore that he is a good friend..." Mary persisted.

"Oh for goodness sake!" I sighed, as I thrusted the clipboard back into her hands. "Aro!"

"Yes, my dear" Aro said, as he flitted to my side.

 "Can you please explain to dear Mary here, why we should not invite Eleazer?" I asked. 

"Eleazer, my friend. But why would we not invite him, my dear?" Aro asked, confused. 

"Because he is with the Cullens and they cannot come, this is for Bella-remember? Do you think she wants any reminders of her past life?" I said bewildered that Aro was even considering inviting Eleazer.

"My dear, that was two years ago. They have most likely left the Denalis by now" Aro murmured. "And even if they haven't- Eleazer wouldn't be such a fool to invite the Cullens"