11

Louis had once again slept like a baby. Harry snuck out of bed on Monday morning so he wouldn't disturb him and got ready for work. Louis woke up as soon as the bed was empty.
"Harry?"

"Go back to sleep." Harry whispered but Louis sat up.

"I slept for eight hours straight. What kind of magic are you working here Styles?"

Maybe you just need someone to sleep next to or on would be more accurate." Harry smirked.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Louis blushed.

"I like it." Harry assured him.

"Good. Can I join you for breakfast?" Louis asked shyly.

"Of course."

Louis put on some boxers and walked into the kitchen. He yawned while he put on the monster for their morning coffee. Harry made some toasts in the meantime.

They sat down at the kitchen table to eat.
"I had a really great weekend Lou." Harry said softly while he was sipping on his coffee.

"Me too. The best. I can't believe I have to go back to work tonight." Louis sighed.

"Can I see you again in two weeks?" Harry asked hopefully.

Louis wrinkled his eyebrows. Harry's heart stopped beating for a second. Louis didn't want to see him again? Oh God, he totally misread the situation.
"What if I take this weekend off? I have a lot of vacation days I never use. I mean, if you don't already have plans?" Louis asked and bit his lower lip. He looked so shy and insecure.

Harry smiled widely.
"That's even better! I don't have any plans and I would love to hang out with you this weekend. Are you sure?"

"I think the hospital will survive without me." Louis answered with an eye roll but Harry could see that this was a big deal for him. He guessed that Louis never took some time off.

"Great! I'm looking forward to it."

"Me too. Ehm, is it okay if I stay here? I know it's your time to have the apartment." Insecure Louis was back.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Harry assured him.

Harry had to get to work and they kissed each other goodbye in the hallway. Louis missed him as soon as he closed the door behind him. He went to call the hospital to ask for the weekend off before he could change his mind. The woman in administration sounded surprised and granted him vacation right away. He then proceeded to write a note to Harry. After the day was done and it was time to get to work he had written plenty more. Sue him, he missed his flatmate.

Harry came home at six. The apartment felt empty without Louis. He found the first note in the hallway.

Welcome home! /Louis

He followed the trail of notes to the kitchen.

The apartment feels empty without you. /Louis

That was what had thought as soon as he stepped inside.

There's food in the fridge. Don't worry. I haven't tried to cook. Gertrude the fryingpan is still upset with me for killing Bertie. I ordered Chinese. :) /Louis

I got the weekend off! Please say that you still wanna hang out?
/Louis

So what do you wanna do if you still wanna hang out? I'm excited!
/Louis

You're so beautiful. Thought you should know. /Louis

I really like your curly hair and your green eyes. Oh, and those dimples give me a heart attack every time you smile. I should stop now before I make a complete fool out of myself. /Louis

It's just, you're so damn cute! Okay, stopping now. ;) /Louis

Changed bedlinen. /Louis

Harry was smiling like a lovestruck fool. Louis was literally the sweetest. He warmed the food and started to reply to the notes.

Louis came home the next morning, beat. It had been a hard night at the ER. The first thing that met him was a note from Harry.

Welcome home. I hope you had a good night at work. /H

The next note was placed on a pair of his shoes.

I missed you. :) /H

That made his heart jump in excitement. No one ever missed him except for his family. He continued into the kitchen.

Thank you for the food. There's still some left. I couldn't eat it all. You ordered for a whole army. /H

Of course, I still wanna hang out this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. We can make plans on Friday when I see you? I'm gonna try and get off work earlier. I just have to convince Ed. I'm gonna tell him that a gorgeous, sexy guy is waiting for me back home. That would do the trick. ;) /H

Gorgeous? Sexy? He got all hot and flustered from the compliments. He found the next note.

I had a serious talk to Gertrude. She's ready to forgive you now. I think she got her eyes on the one-liter pan Gregory. I have seen them flirting. /H

Fuck, I'm all flustered from all the compliments. Thank you. You have the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen and your hair is so soft. I really like your smile too. You light up the whole room. Now we're even. ;) /H

He couldn't stop smiling. He made some of that disgusting tea Harry had bought him and forced it down before he went to bed. There was a note waiting on his pillow.

Sweet dreams. /H

Wasn't that cute? Gosh, Harry would be the death of him. He almost didn't recognize himself with this goofy smile constantly plastered on his lips. He sighed in content and closed his eyes to drift off to sleep.

He woke up three hours later unable to fall back to sleep. Damn it! He rubbed his face in frustration and got up from the bed. He decided to give his mum a call. Five minutes into the conversation she had managed to get him to tell her everything about Harry and she was delighted to hear that he was dating someone. He was, wasn't he? They had been out twice and they had sex. This must be dating?