2

He had packed his belongings (surprisingly few) on Sunday and put the boxes in his car in the garage. He had rented this place fully furniture so he only had his clothes and personal belongings, which was a good thing considering Louis already had furniture. Hopefully. Maybe he was one of those none material weirdos? What was he thinking moving into a flat he'd never seen? With a guy he never met and probably would never meet? He just hoped he wouldn't find a dismembered body in the tub or something. What if this Louis was the next Jeffrey Dahmer? Well, then he could call the police and get the apartment all to himself (like he would want it after it was filled with dead bodies).

He went to the grocery store after work and 45 minutes later he parked the car outside an apartment complex and grabbed the grocery bags. He made sure to lock his car before he walked inside. He found the right door and looked under the doormat. Louis hadn't forgotten to give him a key. That was a good start.
He unlocked the door and stepped into the hallway. The first thing he noticed was the fair amount of shoes. Louis seemed to have sneakers in every color imaginable. Interesting.

Other than that the hallway was pretty anonymous. He kicked off his shoes and put them next to a pair of purple trainers. The kitchen was directly to his left and he took a look around. It wasn't big but there was enough space to move around. It was strangely vacuous like it had never been used. There was a simple coffeemaker in a corner but that was it.

He opened the fridge to put away his groceries to find it almost empty. The only things in there were a bottle of ketchup and a suspiciously looking cheese. He made the assumption that Louis didn't cook much. Well, he did so this was great. Now his groceries would fit in here.

After he had put away his groceries he continued to explore the apartment. Down the hall was the bathroom. Nothing exciting to see there. He was glad that it was fairly clean but something had to be done about that dull-looking shower curtain. Curiosity got the best of him and he went to open the cabinet. A couple of plain, white towels and Louis' hygiene stuff met his eyes. He took a sniff of his after-shave. It smelled nice. Discrete but manly. He liked it.

He continued to the living room. The pieces of furniture were nice. A big, cozy-looking sofa in a discrete grey and a huge flatscreen. The bookshelf contained a few DVDs, mostly romantic comedies. That made him smile. It looked like they had something in common. There was also a picture of a middle-aged woman and five girls of different ages and a little boy. Was this Louis' family? He had a big one.

The walls were pained in a creamy white, just like the kitchen and hallway. The bookcase, coffee table, and tv bench were also white. There was a white rug under the coffee table. Everything looked nice but sterile. Louis' flat was very impersonal. He would change that with a little bit of color. He just hoped that Louis wouldn't mind but he was going to live here as well.

Last but not least he looked into the bedroom. The walls were white here as well (surprise, surprise). There was a king-size bed against one of the walls. The headboard was in dark wood and the bedside tables matched it with matching lamps on them. The bed was made but there wasn't a bedspread on it. There was a clock radio on the left side. So Louis slept on the left? Good, he preferred to sleep on the right.

He walked up to the closets and opened them. One contained bedlinens. The next one was empty. So that was the one Louis had cleared for him? The third one contained a couple of dark suits, nicely cut. He opened the fourth one as well. It was a mess. Button-up shirts, socks, boxers, and different trackies and t-shirts were thrown in topsy-turvy. So Louis was a bit messy? Interesting.

That ended his tour of the place and he hurried down to his car to carry his boxes inside. A couple of hours later he had unpacked his things and decorated the apartment with his belongings. He was pleased with the outcome. The apartment looked cozy now. He wondered how Louis would react?

He wanted to change the bed linen. God knows what Louis had been doing on those sheets. He pulled down the duvet on his side just to find a sticky note on the pillow. He picked it up to read it. Louis's handwriting was messy.

Welcome to my humble abode.
I changed the bed linen. Promise!
/Louis

That was nice of him. Harry smiled and got undressed. He slipped under the duvet naked and made sure his alarm clock was on before he let out a content sigh. Louis hadn't been lying. His bed was comfy. He soon fell asleep.

The alarm went off at seven the next morning. He stretched his arms over his head with a yawn before he got up from the bed. He hit the shower and got dressed before he went into the kitchen to make some breakfast. He noticed the contract as soon as he sat down to eat and read it through before he signed it. He washed his dishes and went to get a piece of paper so he could write a note to Louis. He left it on the kitchen table next to the contract.

Half-past eight he locked the front door behind him and unlocked his car and drove off to work. It took him twenty minutes to get there. Ed greeted him as soon as he entered the shop. He immediately wanted to hear about Harry's new living arrangement.
"Yeah, I think it could actually work!" Harry beamed.

"Alright then. If you wanna stay somewhere else than with Zayn and Liam you can always sleep at my place. If you get tired listening to their sex moans that is." Ed smirked.

"Thank God!"