3

Louis was heading home after a long night at the ER. He was craving his bed right about now. He yawned as he unlocked his front door. The first thing he noticed was a long, blue rug on the floor in the hallway. That was the first indication that he no longer lived alone in his flat. Well, that was okay. What harm could a rug do? It made the hallway look a little more inviting.

As he kicked his shoes off he saw a couple of new ones neatly lined up against the wall. A couple of hats were laying on the hatrack. Well, he guessed that was what it was for. There were a couple of jackets hanging underneath it next to his. He shrugged his shoulders and continued into the kitchen for a glass of water.

His eyes grew wide as soon as he entered. The kitchen looked completely different and very pink! What the hell? A pink carpet with white polka dots was placed in front of the kitchen counters. There were matching kitchen towels hanging by the stove and on top of a counter he could see a shiny, very pink mixer or whatever that was. Next to his trusted coffeemaker, another machine was placed. A monster cappuccino thingie. Oh my God!

He opened the fridge and gasped. It was filled with vegetables and other stuff. He couldn't name half of it. He hurried to close the door again. His eyes fell on the table and he walked over and picked up a note. He noticed that the contract was signed as well. He started to read the note. Harry had very neat handwriting.

Hi Louis,
Thank you for making the bed. You were right. It was really comfortable. I slept like a princess.

As you might noticed I have made a few changes to the apartment. I haven't moved or touched any of your stuff (all three personal things I could see ;)). I just gave it a spiff! I hope you'll like it. I think it made the flat cozier but just tell me if you don't like something and I will get rid of it. Just give it a chance, I think it will grow on you. :)

I just love colors! It makes you feel happy!

Feel free to use the cappuccino machine. The instructions are in the top drawer next to the fridge.

/H

Louis chuckled. Okay, this made him curious about the person he was sharing his flat with. He referred to himself as a princess instead of a prince. He seemed to have a way with words. He had managed to put everything he wanted to say on a sticky note. This was an A4 paper. Colors made him happy and what was up with that coffee machine? Most importantly, what the hell was a spiff?

He drank his glass of water before he went to the bathroom to take a piss. He stopped in the doorway and stared in surprise. Everything was turquoise! The shower curtain, the towels, and a small rug on the floor. There were a lot of scented candles everywhere and he could see some shower products with some fruity scent. Was Harry really a guy? He opened the cabinet over the sink and found shaving products and an after-shave that he took a sniff at. It smelled nice. He also found hair products, nail polish, and lipstick. Woman, crossdresser, or man who liked to wear makeup? That was the burning question. He had no idea who the person who moved in with him was. Maybe this was a bad idea?

He relieved himself and washed his hands before he walked into the living room. The first thing he saw was a guitar on a guitar stand. Harry played the guitar? Cool. The sofa now had a couple of purple blankets and pillows and the coffee table had purple candle holders on it. The biggest change was the bookshelf. It was filled with books. The picture of his family was still in its place. He walked over and read the book titles. There were a mix of classic books and a lot of poetry. Who was this guy? He was intrigued.

He walked to the bedroom. The only thing that had changed there was the quilted bedspread on the bed in green. He liked it. He opened Harry's wardrobe and peeked inside. Harry's clothes were neatly folded inside. Shit! He opened the closet that held his suits and his eyes grew wide again. Different colorful suits with different patterns were hanging next to his plain black ones. Wow. He and Harry were two completely different persons. It was a good thing they wouldn't meet in person. He didn't think they would get along.

He went to brush his teeth before he crashed on the bed. He looked at the empty space beside him and he couldn't restrain himself to lean over and sniff the pillow. He could smell some fruity shampoo mixed with that aftershave Harry was using. He smelled good.

His new flatmate was a mystery but he somehow had managed to make his flat feel homey. He had never really liked it or cared enough to change it. He worked too much. He was never home more than to get a few hours of sleep. Except for his friend Niall, he hadn't much of a social life. He hadn't been on a date in ages. He didn't have time for a relationship and it wasn't like he met any interesting guys that he actually wanted to date.

He closed his eyes with a sigh and drifted off to sleep, knowing he would wake up in a few hours unable to fall back to sleep again. He woke up four hours later with a grunt. He rubbed his eyes and tried to fall back to sleep but it was pointless.

He got up and hit the shower. Twenty minutes later he had put some clothes on and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. The pink details in the kitchen actually made him smile this time. He stared at the monster machine Harry had brought before he turned to his trusted friend to make some coffee. He ordered some pizza while he waited for the coffee to be done. Fifteen minutes later (and two cups down) there was a knock on the door and he paid the delivery guy in cash. He sat down at the table and decided to write Harry a note as well.

He put the leftovers in the fridge. He had to squeeze it in due to Harry's freaking vegetables. It was time to leave for work.