2 Years Later

louiswenttoamsterdam asked me to write an extra chapter on this story to check in on them and to see what happened next. A lot of you have been invested in the love affair between the kitchen supplies and have asked for a story about them. Well, here it is. ♥️

Good morning, love.
It saddens me to inform you that Gertrude passed away this morning. I suspect suicide. It was horrible, honey. I wept. She lit herself on fire! With bacon grease!

I was obviously completely innocent. I just put her on the stove and went to the toilet. When I returned to the kitchen, there she was, burning. I tried to save her, I really did.

Do you want to break the news to Gregory? I know our beloved 2-liter pan will be devastated.

I'll plan the funeral later.

Have a great day at work. I miss you already. I love you.
/Louis

Harry laughed as he read the note he found stuck to his forehead as he woke up. He got up and headed to the kitchen to have a look. Their frying pan was placed in the sink. It had been time to get a new one anyhow but he wished that Gertrude had gotten a better retirement.

He missed Louis too. He always went to work early on Wednesdays but that was okay. They got to spend every other morning in the week together. Louis had really changed his schedule and was no longer a workaholic. He used to joke that he was a Harryholic now.

He found a sticky note and wrote an answer.

Hi Darling,
I hope you had a great day at work. I want to hear all about it when I get home.

For the love of God, stay away from the kitchen! You can't be trusted among kitchen supplies so don't start with dinner. I mean, remember what happened to The Monster? That poor thing. I have warned The Monster 2.0 about you. He's quivering with fear every time you approach him to make coffee.

Good thing I love you so much and that I find your... let's say inability to cook, quite charming.

Alright, I'll count the minutes until I can kiss you today. Love you, love you, love you.
/H

He got ready for work and locked the door behind him. He had stopped working at the music store two years ago when Ed got a record deal and he was his manager nowadays. A job he really enjoyed. It meant that he had to travel sometimes and as much as he hated being away from Louis, it was always fun to see new places. He tried to do most of his work from London though.

Louis arrived at home later that day and immediately found Harry's note and giggled as he read it. They had been together for two years now but they had continued to write notes to each other even if they were fewer of them. It made them both happy to find a post it stuck to the mirror or fridge door or somewhere else. Sometimes it was just short sentences with compliments, like yesterday's note he had found stuck to the shower wall saying You're sexy naked. Two years together and compliments like that still made him blush.

He glanced at the clock. Harry would be home in ten minutes. He got butterflies just thinking about him. It was as if he was still in the honeymoon phase when it came to Harry. A single touch could send him spiraling through the roof. A look made him float. He never had that with anyone before. He suspected that their note writing contributed to it but mostly it was just Harry himself. He was such a wonderful boyfriend.