The match

Amie avoided Draco for the next days to the match. She wasn't all that angry with him anymore, but at the same time she wanted him to feel like she was serious. And she wanted to focus on the match, of course. The last day before the match was very rainy and windy. Although Amie liked the rain, this was too much. The Slytherin team were all looking very happy that they wouldn't play in these conditions, and Amie scowled. To her discontent, Draco was acting like a total jerk about it.
"Ah, if only my arm was feeling a bit better!" he sighed loudly one time. Amie only shook her head at him, she wouldn't start a fight for something like that -- he had said much worse.

Ever since Gryffindor's last Quidditch practice, Wood had been seeking Harry out between classes to give him tips and tricks. Amie and the others tried to stay with him during those times, but often had to hurry to their classes. The third time they actually left him behind because otherwise they would be late for DADA. When they got to class, they found not Lupin, but Snape. He started the lesson by telling them that he would be teaching the class for the day; he didn't say why Lupin couldn't.
"Sorry, I'm late, Professor Lupin. I --" Harry said as he dashed into class late.
"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points for Gryffindor. Sit down." said Snape. Harry didn't sit down.
"Where's Professor Lupin?"
"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today." Snape said with a cruel smile. "I believe I told you to sit down?"
"What's wrong with him?" Harry asked, still not moving.
"Nothing life-threatening." Snape replied. "Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask you to sit down again, it will be fifty."
Harry walked slowly to his seat as Snape returned to teaching.
"As I was saying before Potter interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any records of what topics you have covered so far --"
"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas, and Grindylows," said Hermione. "and we're just about to start --"
"Be quiet," Snape interrupted with a glare. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."
"He's the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had." Dean Thomas stated to general agreement. Snape looked pure evil.
"You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly overtaxing you -- I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and Grindylows. Today we shall discuss --"
Snape started flickering through the textbook, reaching a chapter in the back.
"-- werewolves."
"But, sir," Hermione protested, not managing to keep it in. "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start Hinkypunks --"
"Miss Granger," Snape said calmly but with a hint of anger. "I was under the impression that I am teaching this class, not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394. All of you! Now!"
The class opened their books, muttering angrily as they did so.
"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?"
Amie and Hermione were the only ones with their hands in the air, everyone else was still. Amie could see that Snape was fighting a battle with himself whether or not to let her answer the question.
"Anyone?" said Snape after a second. "Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between --"
"We told you," Parvati spoke up. "we haven't got as far as werewolves yet, we're still on --"
"Silence!" Snape yelled, making Amie and several others jump in their seats. "Well, well, well, I never thought I'd meet a third-year class who wouldn't even recognize a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point of informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you all are..."
"Please, sir," Hermione pleaded, her hand still in the air. "the werewolf differs from the true wolf in several small ways. The snout of the werewolf --"
"That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Five more points for Gryffindor for being an insufferable know-it-all." Snape said harshly.
Hermione went red in the face, put her hand down and looked at the floor. Amie could see tears overflowing Hermione's eyes, and she felt her hair turn red in anger. If it wasn't for the class all glaring at Snape with hatred, Amie would have given him a piece of her mind for being so mean to Hermione.
"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask when you don't want to be told?" Ron told Snape angrily. Everyone knew that Ron went to far, and Snape advanced slowly.
"Detention, Weasley," Snape said, his face inches from Ron's, making him cower in his seat. "And if I ever hear you critize the way I teach a class again, you will be very sorry indeed."
No one spoke for the rest of the class, everyone just made notes on werewolves from the textbook. Meanwhile Snape walked around between the desks, examining the work they had done with Lupin.
"Very poorly explained...That is incorrect, the Kappa is more commonly found in Mongolia... Professor Lupin gave this eight out of ten? I wouldn't have given it three..."
When the bell rang to end the lesson, Snape held them back.
"You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways you recognize and kill werewolves. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject, and I want them on Monday morning. It is time somebody took this class in hand. Weasley, stay behind, we need to arrange your detention."
Amie, Harry and Hermione left the classroom, but waited in the corridor for Ron.
"Snape's never been like this with any of our other Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers, even if he did want the job." Harry said to them. "Why's he got it in for Lupin? D'you think this is all because of the Boggart?"
"I don't know," said Hermione. "But I really hope Professor Lupin gets better soon..."
"Don't worry, Hermione, he's probably back next lesson." Amie said.
Something in Hermione's eyes made Amie realize that she was thinking exactly what Amie was thinking. They nodded to each other, while Harry was clueless. A few minutes later Ron joined them.
"D'you know what that -- (he used a word that made Hermione cry out 'Ron!') -- is making me do? I've got to scrub out the bedpans in the hospital wing. Without magic!" Ron said furiously. "Why couldn't Black have hidden in Snape's office, eh? He could have finished him off for us!"
"Be careful what you say, Ron. Snape could hear you." Amie said. Ron just sighed in defeat.