💎 THIRTEEN / LEGACY

Chapter Thirteen
Legacy

"Your father...Drago. He was magnificent in all the ways the world could make him. I met him as a girl, when I had nothing and nowhere to go...he helped me. Back then, he was just beginning but his reign was still powerful. He owned the strip in the district and no one moved a muscle unless he said so. I worked for him for years as a madam but we lost touch when he went back to Mali to take care of his family. That's when I found out I was pregnant...with you. I didn't see him for years, there was even talk of him being dead around the city."

"The truth is that he was building his empire in Africa. His family, the Diallo's own the land in which the purest cocaine derives from. A year after you were taken, he returned to Japan and fate brought us back together. Yuko, if your father had been in our lives - things would have been much different. The locals respected and feared him, as well as praised him for his one of a kind product. That, is how he bought out the original leader of the family. He made me his wife and his second chair and things became much different for me."

"We thought about you all the time, but we believed there was no hope. Children who are sold to the mafia, never find their way home. I refused to forgive myself for what happened to you and was even more saddened, when I became pregnant with Yuri. I thought I didn't deserve any more children. However your father had children with other women years before he met me, and he sent for them to stay with us so the business could live on in his name. And I know that If he were alive today, he would be overfilled with Joy to finally meet you."

Isis replayed the conversation she had with Sachi over and over in her head, waiting for the surreal feeling to fade away but it was persistent. Days passed, but she still hadn't made it back to her mother's home to formally meet her siblings although they were now closer to her in distance than ever before. Instead, she spent her time exploring the city alone since Jhonny was occupied with conducting business with Haru.

For once, she wanted nothing to do with the business. The fact that her mother had granted her a privilege many men would die for, overwhelmed her. She could still feel the cold eyes of the mafia members as they burned her with their jealousy. She wasn't ready to be a leader of such a high caliber, and she also wasn't ready for the enemies that type of lifestyle brought. Women in charge always burned the hearts of men - and Sachi had proudly handed her the torch.

If she had to admit it, she also felt envious of her new found family. For years, they had created memories together - ones that involved a two parent household and riches on riches. Whereas she had been discarded. A sacrifice to Sachi that led her to a better life. How was she supposed to feel?

"Ma'am, can I get you a refill on your drink?" Asked the waitress, approaching the corner table where Isis sat.

"Mhh?" Isis picked her head up, "Oh, yes please."

The waitress nodded, removing the empty glass and disappearing into the back. Now back in reality, Isis decided to brush off her somber mood - here she was, in the best position that life had ever placed her, and she still wasn't happy.

Feeling the vibration of her phone in her lap, Isis retrieved it to see who was calling.

"Mhhh, I must be dreaming if this bitch is calling me." Isis laughed as she answered the phone.

Candy cackled, "Bitch I could say the same for you. Hoe got her a boyfriend and don't call nobody. You forgot you had my number."

"Girl...you wouldn't believe half of the shit that has happened since I left." she twisted her mouth into a smile, "But I miss you girl, how are things in Philly?"