💎 SEVEN / HUSH MONEY

Chapter 7
HU$H MONEY

"Is there anything else I can get you two?"

Jetson took one more survey at the menu, looking over to Kimmy to see if she wanted to add more to her order however she insisted she was all good.

"That'll be all." He smiled, allowing the woman to collect the menus and dive back into the chaos of the restaurant.

Silence danced between them. After weeks of keeping in touch through text and a few phone calls, the two finally decided to meet up - making it their official first date. Jetson hadn't realized how awkward he truly was, either that or he was just nervous as hell. He took a hard swig of the wine on the table, emptying it completely as Kimmy baby sat hers.

She felt completely out of place. Although Jetson seemed like a nice man, another man had been on her mind for the past month. Kimmy hated that Jhonny stayed invading her thoughts as she wondered what he was doing, who he was with, if he missed her as much as she missed him. Even as she sat across from this goddess of a man, it just didn't feel right. Whereas her friends made it their duty to get her out of the house and dating again.

After leaving Jhonny's, Kimmy had enough money put away to get herself a small apartment in Montgomery County. It wasn't a mansion, but it was fit for her. She still didn't have a job and she knew that her savings were dwindling; But after years of being taken care of she didn't know where to start. Either way, she had to get her mind off of her ex.

"How was your day?" Jetson asked, breaking the piercing silence.

"It was good," Kimmy shrugged, "I didn't do much, I was off today." She didn't want Jetson to know she was unemployed and living off of her ex's drug money, instead telling him that she worked at a distribution office Monday through Friday. In reality that was where her best friend worked.

Jetson smiled, "Lucky you. I was there at six and out at six, but with just enough time to spend my night with you. You look stunning, by the way."

The wine loosened him up a bit. Not to mention the fact that he had a beautiful woman in front of him, her body poured into an expensive Margiela dress that looked nice against her skin tone. He couldn't continue to be stuck on every woman that he dated, he had to learn to move on and do him just like they seemed to be doing.

"Thank you, you look good too." Kimmy smirked.

"Oh I look good?" Jetson teased, running his tongue across his lips and causing her to blush. "This is nothing, wait until you see me in my best."

"Cute and funny, a package." She giggled.

"I try." He shrugged.

His humor helped her relax a tad bit. "Sorry, if I'm being a bit stiff. I just got out of a long term relationship, really long term. I'm not sure how to go about this dating thing."

"Understandable." Jet nodded, however he wouldn't wear his heart on his sleeve just yet. "We can take it slow."

"Thank you." She sighed, "How about you? There's no way a man like you has been single for long."

"A man like me?"

"You know, handsome and well put together. You have a job, no kids -"

"Same goes for you." Jetson chuckled, "Minus the handsome thing." He said, making her laugh once more, "But umm, I haven't been single for that long...it just didn't work out."

"Well maybe that's a good thing." Kimmy shrugged, and Jetson slit his eyes. "I mean you're only twenty one."

"Twenty two" Jetson corrected her, "Today's my birthday."