💎 EIGHT / AT THE TOP

CHAPTER EIGHT
AT THE TOP

"Damn." Jhonny whispered, a wide smile creeping over his face as she stared down at the money laid out on his bed. "I really did it."

After deciding to follow in his father's footsteps, Jhonny realized he might actually have a knack for the hustle of the game.

It had only been two months since he dialed one of the connects in Lorenzo's black book - an OG that went by the name Rudy that resided in the BadLands. He had the rural neighborhood on lock, even at old age trappers from around the way knew not to step on Big Rudy's toes or his corners. Rudy only distributed to those he trusted, and Jhonny hoped his last name held some weight to get his first order.

At first, the OG was strictly against the idea. Lorenzo Savage was his good friend from back in the day, Rudy had raised the young puerto-rican in the streets and didn't want his son to have to follow in the same footsteps. However Jhonny was persistent. He needed the money and he wasn't used to ever being in need in his life, but that was the new norm now that his father was gone. His mother's mind was gone to the streets, leaving him and his sister Mya to fend for themselves. He had no option.

Rudy knew what it felt like to have a mother on drugs and no father living in the trenches, so he gave in - but only providing Jhonny with an ounce of Sour D to move. It wasn't the big leagues, but it would get him some bread in his pockets to hold him over.

It didn't take longer than an hour for Jhonny to flip the weed, returning to Rudy the same night to re-up.

"Damn lil nigga, you gotta get rid of what I gave you first." Rudy laughed as he opened the door to see Jhonny anxiously waiting.

He pulled out the money from his pocket, "I did."

Rudy raised his brow at the kid, following up with a shake of his head and chuckle, "That's the Savage in you."

Jhonny smirked.

Every night for the next two weeks he did the same thing, showing up to Rudy's door looking to move another package. Eventually he was able to grab larger and larger, stacking up strategically to build a small empire of his own. Rudy was impressed to say the least. Jhonny had the grind and charm of a car salesman, he could talk a homeless man out of his shoes he was just that slick.

Within two months Jhonny had created savings that would elevate him into the next level. Weed was cool, but the real money was in the hard drugs. He didn't just want to feed the hood, he wanted to feed the city. Every type of client, White, Black, Asian, he didn't discriminate because money sure as hell didn't.

That was where his father slipped up; He stayed within his own community. His only radar was the people who looked like him, whereas Jhonny knew there was a whole different world out there - the upper echelon spent top dollar for top product. He didn't have that now, but he would one day. This was just the beginning.

Jhonny continued to stare down at the stacks of money
spread across his bed, when suddenly his sister Mya busted into the room.

"What, you don't know how to knock?" he kissed his teeth.

Mya's eyes shot up, "Yo where'd you get all this bread-"

"Not so loud, last thing I need is for mom to hear you." he replied in a hushed tone.

Mya shut the door behind her, still not taking her eyes off of the dirty money laid across the twin sized bed.
She scratched her head full of hair as she waited for her brother to get the explaining.