💎 TWENTY SIX / FOLLOW YOUR HEART

Jetson ran his fingers across Isis's supple skin. His lips planted kisses along her panty line, to her belly button, where he stopped and caressed his growing baby. She was only a few weeks along, so there wasn't any proof of the life inside of her, but knowing was enough.

Isis ran her hand between his curls that had grown out after two months without a haircut. When he glanced up, she was watching him in wonderment, melding into his touch.

His alarm went off for the second time; if he didn't start getting ready, he would definitely be late for work. He played with the possibility of calling in sick, but his boss would probably show up and drag his ass out of the house. Deep down, Jetson was afraid that when he returned home, Isis wouldn't be there. This time, it wouldn't just be her leaving. She would be taking their baby with her.

"You should go. You don't want to be late," insisted Isis.

Jetson peeled himself off of her.

"I don't want to go at all, actually. How am I supposed to focus knowing you're here, in my bed, without me?"

"Who said I'm staying in the house?" Isis raised her brow. "I haven't been home in forever."

"Well where do you plan on going? You know it's dangerous out here."

"Jet, did you forget who you're talking to? I'm not new to anything dangerous," she tittered, hopping out of bed. "Don't worry. I only want to go to Ishkabibbles and see Candy at her shop. Maybe let her do my hair while we catch up, if she has the time."

Jetson rifled through his drawer for a pair of socks.

"In that case, I'll leave you my key. That way you can come back whenever you want. I want to make sure you and my baby are comfortable."

"She's literally the size of a pea. If that," Isis giggled, planting her head in the stretch of his solid back. Jetson turned to face her.

"She?"

"Yes. Or he. It doesn't really matter to me. But I think it's a girl. What do you think?"

Jetson was interrupted by the ringing of Isis's phone, which seemed to startle her a lot more than it should've. She stared at it like the last person she wanted to hear from was calling her, even without checking the Caller ID.

"You gonna answer it?" Jetson chuckled awkwardly, continuing to get ready for work.

"No. Whoever it is can wait. We're talking."

While Jetson loved her attempt at being present in the moment, he felt like it was a lot more to it than that. It was too bad he didn't have time to dwell on that. The captain had already sent him two back to back texts about the Diallo case.

"Ok. Well...it doesn't matter to me what we have. I'll be happy either way. We just have a lot to discuss while you're here. How long is that, by the way?" he asked.

Isis headed over to her phone that began to ring again. Whoever it was, was really trying to get her attention. Jealousy tried to settle, but Jetson dismissed it. It wasn't the time.

"My flight is tomorrow morning," she said, silencing her phone. "I have to help my mom with something. But I'll be back right after that. I promise."

Jetson guessed the promise was supposed to give him the ressaurance he so badly needed. He felt pathetic about the entire damn thing. Felt like he was begging to be a part of her world, even with a part of him growing inside of her.

Still, he chose not to be an asshole about it. He didn't want to exude his insecurities.

After getting ready and kissing Isis goodbye, Jetson headed out to work. On the way, he stopped past Dunkin for a coffee that he definitely needed after a long night.