💎 THREE / MISTAKES

💎 A/N : I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THE NOVEL IN THIRD PERSON ONLY FROM HERE ON OUT.

THE FORMAT WILL ALSO BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT, BUT I CHOSE THIS ROUTE FOR STORY TELLING PURPOSES. 💎

Chapter 3
Mistakes

Isis stared out of the window of the cruiser. She was seething, both resentful and regretful of the past few months that had led her to her current situation. She was so angry that her skin was practically red, and she couldn't stop the impatient tapping of her foot with each second that passed. The air in the cop car was thick and tense. Her and Jetson hadn't exchanged any words. The only thing that Isis could do was let the salty tears roll down her face, but they were not to be mistaken for weakness. She was vexed.

"You know, you're one hell of an actor. Maybe you should think about changing your profession." Jet parted his lips from the front seat.

"Jet -"

"It's Detective Young." He corrected her.

His voice was cold and detached. That really fucked her up inside. Isis knew that she wasn't perfect, but her love for Jetson was real - as real as a girl like her who never knew it could get.

"Fine, Detective Young. You don't have to do this - I get that you may be hurt -"

"Nah, I'm not hurt." He insisted, but she knew the truth.

Isis tried her best to make eye contact with him through the rear view mirror, but he made sure to keep his narrowed eyes on the road. His handsome face that was always at ease in her presence was twisted with resentment. He felt just as much betrayal as her, if not more. How could he fall in love with a woman who led the life of a vulture.

"Well then that means you don't love me like I thought you did." she replied, changing her view back to the South Philly streets that passed by.

She followed the old red brick buildings, store fronts and churches on each corner - moms and pops with their babies pouring out of their homes as they tried to beat the early morning traffic at the start of their day. If she had any happiness left in her, she would've smiled at how beautiful it was.

"Don't even go there," Jetson interrupted her thoughts, "I'm not the one living a double life. Savage put you up to this, to stay looped in on what the police had on him?"

"That doesn't make any sense, I never even asked you shit that had to do with him. When have I ever been interested in your job besides asking if you were investigating me, which you clearly lied about."

Trust no one, especially those you assume you should trust. She mused to herself.

"I never lied to you." spat Jetson.

"Neither have I, not about who I am or how I feel. Everything I didn't tell you...I couldn't. Jhonny is a good person, he's helped me and we're not sleeping together so please get that out of your head."

Jetson fell quiet. Isis figured there was no use in trying to get him to listen, and accepted her fate for what it would be. After a few minutes he came to a red light, stopping the cop car that she was trapped in.

"I tried to warn you. I told you to get out of that life, and you refused. I would've helped you, you didn't have to go work for that monster."

"He's not a monster Jetson-"

He finally looked back at her, their eyes meeting, "Oh yeah, well tell that to the people he murdered. Starting with Milo Jackson - what do you know about that?"