1

Harry was fucked!

Not literally (unfortunately, it had been a while) but he had to move out of his flat at the end of the month and he had nowhere to go. He had second-hand rented it and the owner was moving back.

His best friends Zayn and Liam had offered him to live with them for a while but he rather not. He had walked in on them having sex once and he was scarred for life. They were into some kinky shit.

So he was getting kind of desperate. Apartments in London were expensive. He had already checked out some ads where people were looking for a flatmate but so far it was a bust.

The first one he looked at was in a sketchy neighborhood and he was pretty sure that the guy who was looking for a flatmate was a drug dealer. The flat itself looked like someone had dropped a bomb inside and it smelled like weed. No thank you. He would probably be dead in a week if he moved in there.

The second apartment he looked at contained a sweet old lady but unfortunately, she also had twenty-one cats and the whole apartment smelled of cat pee. He liked cats but not that much.

The third apartment looked promising at first until the young woman living there grabbed his crotch and told him they would have so much fun. First of all, he didn't wanna mess things up by sleeping with his flatmate because that would only make him homeless again. Second of all, he was gay. He tried to tell her that but she just giggled and said that she didn't believe homosexuality existed. So yeah, no. Just no.

Time went by fast and he only had two weeks left before he had to be out. That's when he found it. He was scrolling through the ads, which he had been doing for the last couple of weeks now without success but during the night a new one had been uploaded. He started to read with interest.

Looking for someone to share my flat with.

I have a two-room flat in the center of London. The rent would be 400 pounds a month and you would have access to it immediately but I want a contract for at least six months.

The apartment (including the bedroom/bed) would be shared with me (a 27-year-old doctor working the night shift and every other weekend, even weeks.)

That means that I'm only in my apartment Monday to Friday 09.00-18.00 and of course two weekends a month.

If there's someone out there who works a 9-17 job and weekends uneven weeks (and doesn't mind sharing a bed, it's comfy I promise) I think we're made for each other.

And then there was just contact information. The guy's name was Louis. Cute. Okay, this was kind of weird but it actually sounded great. He would split the cost of the apartment with a flatmate he would never see. So it would be like he was living there by himself. That could actually work! He just had to be out before 9 and sleep somewhere else two weekends a month. It was worth it. He decided to call Zayn and Liam first to see if it was okay that he crashed on their sofa twice a month. He guessed he had to endure the crazy sex. He was running out of options.

He face-timed them both and read the ad to them.
"Sharing a bed? Absolutely not Harry! Who knows what he does in that bed. He could be a sex freak." Liam immediately protested.

"Please, he can't be worse than the two of you." Harry snorted.

"Hey! We have an awesome sex life!" Zayn argued.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Harry chuckled.

"So you're actually considering this?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, it's the best option. Can I stay at your place two weekends a month?" Harry replied, biting his lower lip.

"Of course!" Liam and Zayn agreed.

They hung up and Harry decided to give this Louis a call right away. It was Saturday on an even week so he hoped he would be free.
"Hello."

"Oh, ehm Hi, my name is Harry Styles. I'm calling about the ad."

"Really? That's great." Louis said. Harry could hear a northern accent. He liked the sound of Louis' voice.

"Yeah, so I have a 9-17 work. I work at a record store. Ehm, I'm 25, single, I like to clean and cook. Eeeh..." Harry continued, not really knowing what to say.

"Do you like long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners as well? This is starting to sound like a personal ad." Louis chuckled.

Harry's face turned crimson red.
"N-no."

"I'm just kidding. Harry was it? That sounds great. So you have no problem sleeping in me bed? The bedroom is too small for a second bed I'm afraid."

Me bed? Adorable. Geez, get a grip.
"I guess it's okay. It's not like we'll be sleeping there together. It's just a bed, right?"

"Right." Louis chuckled.

"So, what do you say?" Harry asked.

"I say we'll give it a try. You sound like a nice guy. We can test it out for a month at first to see if it works. Yeah? Oh, what about the weekends I'm not working?" Louis replied.

"I won't be there. Don't you wanna meet me in person first?" Harry questioned.

"Well, of course, if that makes you feel more comfortable. Ehm, let's see. I'm free on the 28th." Louis answered absent-mindedly. Harry guessed he was checking a calendar or something.

"That's two weeks from now!"

"Yeah, I work a lot. Me friend Niall calls me a workaholic. He's not wrong." Louis answered, sounding amused.

"Ah. Well, I have to be out of my flat in ten days so I'm taking you up on the offer to move in without meeting each other first. I'm totally normal, promise!"

"I'm sure you are even if normal is a bad word to describe yourself. What is normal? Anyhow, when do you wanna move in? Is Monday too soon?"

Louis was funny and he seemed intelligent.
"Oh wow, yeah, I can move in after work." Harry agreed.

"I'll be at me work by then but I make sure to leave a key under the doormat and a monthly contract on the kitchen table. I clear out one of the closets for you and ehm, just make yourself feel like home." Louis said.

"Okay, thanks. Isn't it weird that we're gonna live together without meeting each other?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it will make it easier. We're two strangers sharing the same space at different times. I think this could work Harry. It was nice talking to you. Bye."

"Bye." Yeah, this was definitely weird.