Chapter 37

I never knew a feeling like this exist. I can't even name it but I know it feels so good. Looking back, I was just some bastards who thinks women are men's toys but I was proved wrong when I met Crisanta. I ate my words with a cherry on top. Napapalamon ako ng wala sa oras, her very existence is the real manifestation that I was wrong.

After that night, I felt like I was baptized in a new fire. It boosted my male ego and my love for her go deeper than the Marianas Trench. I am very certain that my life with her will be a life full of love and happiness.

"Come out now, you shouldn't be late on your wedding day" naramdaman ko ang pagtapik ni mom sa balikat ko to get my attention. I am day dreaming of the days and years ahead with Crisanta on the day of our marriage.

Today is the day. I'll be marrying Crisanta Avila. The woman I never imagined to fall in love with but I actually did, helplessly and with no regrets.

I take a one last look at the full length mirror and examine self. All I see is not just a man in a pair of expensive tuxedo but a man with full of love in his heart that is very evident in his eyes.

Nasa labas na ng pintuan ng kwarto sila Mom and Dad wearing their triumphant smiles. Being the only child, I know this is their ultimate wish and it will eventually came true any minute from now.

"My son, I don't want to say anything cheesy for now, baka mag iiyakan tayo dito at baka masira ang make up ng mom mo" nakangiting sabi ni dad at hinaplos ang braso ni mom mula sa pagtapik sa akin.

"Yeah, he is a grown up man Jack and I am sure he knows what we wanted to say, matigas din naman ang ulo niyan. Tara na sa church para hindi tayo malilate"

I laugh at what she said. She was so excited to waste a minute na pangaralan ako o give me advice or just congratulate me.

"Mom, ako ang ikakasal kaya ako dapat ang mas excited kaysa sa iyo. You always steal me my spotlight" I joked and for the first time in a long time I wrap my arms around them and give them a tight hug. I can never have parents like them in another lifetime, so I am so thankful they are here in this lifetime. They were also the ones who accepted Crisanta wholeheartedly.

After that warm exchange of tapping and hugging, nagdesisyon na kaming pumunta sa Simbahan. We go on separate cars, my mom and dad are on the other car behind.

This is it. Finally, it all comes perfectly.

While in the car I am contemplating on the life I had before. All I care was business. I don't even have the guilt for firing too many employees but those habit lead me to the person who will change me and my life forever. Now, all I look forward is the life we'll take together and the family we are about to make. Such big changes for a woman, but I have no complaints as long as she's here beside me.

The car stops in front the Manila Cathedral. It's façade has totally transformed into a garden of assorted flowers. The walkways from the outside to the entrance were paved with pots of expensive flowers.

Guests where already there kahit may 30 minutes pa until the ceremony all in their glamorous attire. There are also media who asked for permission to televise my wedding; after all I am a public figure. But all those people did not bother me, what bothers me is that I still yet feeling the presence of my love.

My parents are already greeting some guests and some of them are actually heading towards me to congratulate me but still there's no sight of Crisanta and her family.

"Congratulation Mr.Villafuerte" Mr. Cho greeted me. He is one of our trusted business partner. Sumunod naman ang ibang bisita and I feel so happy receiving their congratulations. I never felt irritated being surrounded with them, in fact I felt like I the greatest man alive.