Prologue

I had never in my life, never, wanted so much to disappeared.

“Rosemarie Mercer, come up here and introduce yourself.”

My stomach twisted at these words, I slide out of my desk, stepped over backpacks as I moved to the front of the room to stand beside Mr. Smith. Thirty pair eyes were focused on me. I scratched my arm, and clearing my throat, I spoke in rusty tones.

“Hi. I am Rosemarie Mercer.”

A girl near the front row twirled a stand of her hair. “Yeah…and I am Madison.”

Several kids laughed out right. Mr. Smith shot her a death glare and everyone in this room stopped laughing.

“Where are you from?” the middle age teacher, Mr. Smith, asked me.

“Atlanta.”

A smiled appeared on his face. “Lovely, lovely.”

“Uh…freak,” said Madison again. Other kids laughed.

“Mrs. Givens I see my lovely student, Mr. Morrell, isn’t here today. Did you take his place at making rude comments?” asked Mr. Smith in a sarcastic tone. “Mrs. Mercer, you can sit down now. Thank you.”

I nodded, and quickly returned to my desk. My gaze swung to the window and the view of the parking lot.

I hoped my brother had a better start.

When the bell rang, I was on my feet with everyone else. Stepping past students, I hurried to my locker, head down.

This place really sucks.

When I find my locker, I worked the combination, messed up and tried again.

“Need help?” someone exclaimed.  Just then I realized a girl had come up to the next locker.

“Ugh…no. I am okay.” I said smiling.

“New here?” she asked me.

“Yes! I am Rosemarie but you can call me Rose if you want.” Yes! I finally got my locker opened and swapped out textbooks.

 “I am Leila. If you need help, just tell me. Okay?”

I opened my mouth to thanked her but stopped. Something was wrong with my wolf. A textbook slipped from my fingers.

“Rose are you…”

I stared over her shoulder, down the crowded hall.

“Rose..”

I shook my head, unable to spoke as my gaze fell on him. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I was just standing there staring at him. He was leaning against the lockers, taller than everyone around him and his hands in his faded jeans pockets.  Everyone was talking to him, lips moving nonstop. A girl was playing with the hem of his black V-neck T-shirt. But he really doesn't seem to care what they say. I can’t look away. Dirty messy Blonde hair like he had just gotten out of his bed…

“Ahhh…I see… Will Morrell,” facing me, she said.

Like he had heard his name he looked around, searching the hall as I struggled to get my wolf under control.  I stopped breathing when his bright, emerald green eyes locked on mine.  I looked back at Leila.

What’s wrong with my wolf?

“Not interesting. He isn’t my type.” I said stubbornly and slammed my locker.

“Wow. You are the first girl who ever said that,” her eyes wide opened.

“I am sure his ego is bigger than the moon.”

Leila laughed when I said that. “I am sure for this. Wild, badass, part of the popular crowd, captain of the football team blah blah blah. Everyone likes him but he really doesn’t pay much attention to anyone but his group friends.” she even waved her hands in the air when she told me that.

“Got it. Typical high school player.” I said, grabbed my textbook from the floor  and walked down the hall…