Chapter Five: Talk about Awkwardness

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."  

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Around us, the sky had darkened to a deep twilight. There were even a few primitive stars out already. We were heading outside of the town, passing street-lights and few houses. Once we were off the road, I caught a glimpse of the trees surrounding us, which was a sign that we were driving farther from civilization.

Twenty minutes later, Will finally pulled to a stop in a front of a house that seemed to be not familiar. As he got out of the car, he mentioned me to do the same. As I stepped out of the car, I could feel the cool breeze on my neck and my face. I wrapped my arms around myself and followed him straight into the house.

Before passing the living room, Jim appeared out of nowhere.

"Hi Rose, Will," he greeted us.

"Hey Jim! Where are the rest?" asked him Will.

"Outside. Sean is helping but I am not sure I can keep him from struggling any of them," Jim said and flashed a friendly smile at me. I smiled back. Will let out a sigh and run a hand through his silky dark blonde hair.

"And Luke? Is he outside?"

Jim shook his head and said "He had locked himself in his room re-reading all the English classic novels he owns over and over again. He is only coming out for a bottle of water and...for the bathroom."

I rolled my eyes the same time Will sighed. Luke was acting a little bit dramatic, if you want my opinion. If I was him I would be happy for my results. But I wasn't him so no point to keep talking about that.

I followed Will and Jim as they turned their steps towards the kitchen, and went at once out of a door, which led us into the woods. I could tell the woods were hauntingly beautiful. I wrapped my arms around myself, touching the fabric of my jacket. Suddenly a noise made me turned my head and noticed something. Not far away from where we were standing, two males were ready to fight.

One of them looked extremely familiar. Sean. He looked really pissed off. The other one, who didn't looked familiar, looked like he was having fun pissing Sean off. He looked younger than Sean, with thick brown hair, a shade lighter than mine.

"That kid, one day he'll get his ass kick," said Jim and shook his head. I turned my attention back to the fight.

"Come and get me, Beta," yelled the boy at Sean. I watched Sean's lips pulled up back to reveal white teeth and a growl drifted across the yard.

"Choose your words more carefully, kid!" and just like that Sean's fists were flying towards the young boy. In less than 2 seconds the young boy was lying on the ground. Sean punched him few times on his face and his stomach but a commanding, loud voice stopped him.

"Enough!" I turned and looked back at Will. He had used his Alpha tone to stop Sean. He walked towards him and the boy.

"Sean, go away to relax a little bit," he said calmly looking at him. Quickly, Jim came and grabbed Sean by his arm and dragged him away murmuring something to him. I kept watching Will as his attention was now to the boy sitting on the ground.

"And you...better starting to watch your mouth and show some respect. Now go inside to apply some ice on your eye. And don't keep the ice for too long, you can cause further damage if you keep it," the boy didn't said anything; he just pushed himself of the ground and went back to the house. Everyone had stopped talking and was looking now at Will.

"Today, training finished. You can go back inside or leave if you want," Everyone nodded and started walking back to the house.

I don't know how this idea popped into my head but when the only who were standing outside was me and Will, with Will's back to me, I took of my jacket and throw it on the ground. I looked down at my black racerback tank top which was exposing a little more skin from what I liked. I have to make a mental note never wear one of them when I am near to Will.

Anyway, I took a deep breath and said. "Are you going to fight with me?" Will turned around and looked at me surprised. But then he started laughing. Oh God! What an idiot.

Yeah a sexy idiot...

Oh shut up, my dear wolf.

"I don't think so Rose," he said to me still laughing. I crossed my arms over my chest and walked towards him, a scowl on my face.

"Why not? Because I am a girl?" Will stopped laughing when he noticed my serious face but his smile never left his face. I was so nearly him I could smell his cologne. Hell! I could even hear his breath. That was not good. Calm Rose, calm!

"You want to try?" ok right now I want to punch him straight to his face. Seriously, he brought me here only to watch Sean fighting with someone?

"Yesss..." I sounded like a desperate child.

"Ok," it was all he said and took few steps back. And we started...

Few minutes later we were still fighting. I knew he didn't try hard because I was blocking him easily.

"Can you try to be more tough with me?" I asked him as I blocked another punch.

"You sure?"

"Yes..." and before I finished my sentence, my back hit the ground. The breath was knocked out of me as a firm body pressed against mine. Will was over me taking hold of my wrist. I looked into his eyes, those jewel-green eyes. I swear that moment I forgot how to breath. My gaze fell on his naturally pink lips and then back to his eyes.

I took the time to fully appreciate his beautiful face. His strong jaw, a few freckles over the bridge on his nose. I gulped as I noticed him leaning closer to me and his lips were now inches away from mine. My body for some reason was screaming for his lips to kiss me but my brain had other plans. In less than 5seconds I pushed him and he fell beside me.

My stubbornness put an end to the romantic moment.

"Sorry buddy..."it was my only answer to him before I pushed myself from the ground and grabbed my jacket quickly before I do what I do always.

Run away ...