Chapter Seven: The Alpha is Always Possessive

Aren't you somethin', an original, cause it doesn't seem merely assembled

And I can't help but stare cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes

I can't ever change without you, you reflect me, I love that about you...                                                   Mirrors-Justin Timberlake

William

"You know, I was kidding when I asked you if you were up for a 10 mile run,"

Jimmy looked at me but didn't slow. "What, you are tired already?"

I smiled. "Nah. I was just making sure you can keep up," Then I stepped up the pace.

Seeing that Jimmy, he pushed to keep up. "You know," a pause to catch his breath. "It's not fair, as a male Alpha you're faster than me."

I chuckled. "Yes, but you are one of the fastest. I am sure you can keep up,"

And he sure could do that. After all, Jimmy was the fastest werewolf in our pack.

"Still, I think it's unfair."

"It would be, if we did that in our wolf form and we used our mind-link to talk," I paused for a breath.

He nodded. "True. Because if we did that then it will be like cheating,"

"You don't like to cheat Jimmy, do you?"

He shook his head. "Of course not! You?"

"I don't either," Then I had to shut up, because he stepped up the pace again.

Damn, that boy had a lot of stamina.

Beyond the eighth mile, I was really starting to feel it. We had decided to hold an eight -minute-mile pace and my legs started aching.

Beside me, Jimmy was starting to sound like he was out of breath. "If you want to stop," I told him. "Just tell me."

"No way! Race you to the park?"

I smiled. I never said no to a challenge. "Sure. The first one to set his foot on the grass wins," and with that, even if my legs screamed in protest, I lept forward into a sprint.

Man, if felt good to compete. It cleared my mind of everything. At the parking lot, I didn't slow. I pushed myself harder and shoot for the park. Jimmy didn't slow too.

Stepping into the park, I collapsed in the grass. Right at the same time as Jimmy. "Damn, it. " I gasped.

Jimmy, who was laying next to me,  was breathing as hard as I. That was good.

"I need water,"

I nodded. "Me too." But I didn't move.

The sun was starting to break free of the clouds."What time is it?" I asked Jimmy.

"Around 6 am. We have to go back to get ready for the school."

"Yeah..."

Jimmy glanced over. "Did we break the record?"