26.

Terren was smart, but he's very well known as an airhead

Michela, eleven years old and desperately pining for his dumb ass, really couldn't agree more.

"Just look at them," someone awed, audibly, "they're so beautiful."

Michela danced, not missing a step. She practiced harder than anyone else for this day, after all-- she wanted to be patted on the head and praised by Terren for doing a great job. Her mentality told her she was too mature for that, but who cares!

Head pats, praises, and Terren's awesome Onii-chan smile! Girls would literally die for him. He's a cinnamon roll. He's my cinnamon roll, back off!

If anything, Michela herself was more of a big sister type. And although Terren was the big brother of big brothers, his puppy dog behaviour really made him feel like a little brother among the other Knights.

But everyone knew that Terren loved little sister types. So Michela adjusted herself, because she wanted to, just a little more, be closer to Terren's type of girl.

(Now if only Terren would put in some effort into actually noticing...)

"You were wonderful today, Lady Michela."

Terren planted a gentle kiss at the back of her palm, and his smile was so radiant, so princely-- Michela could just feel herself falling into love again. Oh, cupid of love, stop shooting those arrows, my heart can't take anymore of this!

"It is all thanks to your leading, Lord Terren," she responded smoothly, "I could not have done so well without you."

In the corner of her gaze, she could see them-- all the other girls who debuted today, they were swooning for Terren too. Can't blame them-- Terren was the kind of boy that was destined for greatness. Blessed with good looks, good lineage, and a heart bigger than the greatest saints.

But he was out of their reach. Terren was too dumb to notice this girl pining over him her whole life. He still thinks it's a political engagement and he still thinks Michela doesn't understand engagement.

What made them think he'd notice a couple hundred admirers in the crowd? Utterly delusional, really. Or maybe Terren is just dumber than what most gauge him at.

It didn't matter.

Because this empty-headed Terren is the man of her dreams.

And she'll protect him.