4.

ー☍ー

The country of Julens is governed by the royal family-- the Eirstone household

The current king, Darius Eirstone, is a wise man that has ruled the nation for more than two decades. However, he has yet to be able to retire, his first wife being infertile and his second being a hard bearer--

His first son, Luis Eirstone, has only recently turned seven years old, and was engaged to the daughter of the wealthiest noble in the nation-- the first daughter of the Dawnflare house, nine-year-old Avelynn Dawnflare.

Me.

To begin with, getting engaged to someone younger than you was strange to someone like me-- in fact, I have clear memories of a day and age where arranged marriages are just plain retarded-- but in this historical semi-European setting, I had to suck it up.

I was getting married into royalty, after all. There was no greater honour.

I shouldn't defy-- because those are the rules of this place. Of this era. Of this world. And rules were made to be respected.

Think of myself as Elizabeth Midford, I realized, maybe I'll like him.

No, no I didn't.

Maybe he was cute at first, being meek and shy and bashful. Then, he was crying way too much-- he was being much too wimpy for someone meant to succeed the throne as soon as he was of age. 

Is this guy really the most popular capture target in the whole franchise? The more I knew him, the harder it was to take in the fact that this boy grows up into a kind and emphatic king that always puts his nation before himself. Or so the ending described.

Short tempered as I was, he hated me by the end of the first month.

And I was fine with that.

If things went as I'd learned from my past life-- this is how the story begins: 

Avelynn is an awful woman who takes advantage of the weak-minded prince-- she threatens and blackmails him, verbally abuses him-- 

Until the heroine arrives and saves him from the clutches of the villainess.

They fall in love, they break up the poisonous engagement-- and Luis takes the heroine's hand in marriage. Avelynn is sentence to be executed for her heresy, her family is stripped from nobility their riches and their land were confiscated-- as a result, the Dawnflare household falls into ruin.

Biting the edge of my nail, I considered these consequences plenty of times.

I wouldn't mind dying-- not ideal, but if I had to I guess I shouldn't butterfly effect this bullshit too much-- but my household? 

The Dawnflares were the wealthiest and most influential household in all of Julens. We operated businesses on the advancement of technology and science.

Thinking realistically on what could happen after the initial story ending point... this country would topple without us. I mean, if I'm dead, I wouldn't care-- but I care?!?

YES I DO CARE, WHAT ABOUT IT???

I groaned, ready to claw my hair out in annoyance.

"Is there really no other choice than to avoid my bad ending?"