8.

ー☍ー

"Avelynn, have you prepared for the tea party?"

"Yes, Brother Teri."

Avelynn was dressed in her best. 

Which was, ironically, gothic.

Although Nicolli was dolled up in baby blue, Avelynn fluttered in dark indigo shades. Terren wore a proud white as he escorted his beautiful sisters out of the room.

As needlessly aesthetic as every otome game called to be.

I stepped forward to my fiance-- and lifted a hand so he would take it.

Dressed in mature white and gold, trimmed in blue-- this look didn't suit him at all, yet accentuated his young and gentle nature.

"Please lead me well, my prince," I addressed him.

"Y- you look wonderful today, Avelynn," he stumbled over his words-- they were practiced phrases, yet he never once lied because he was a kind child, "shall we depart?"

"It is an honour to lead a gorgeous young woman such as yourself, lady Nicolli."

Turning to my sister, I found that her fiance had walked forward to meet with her. 

The second prince of the kingdom smiled so kindly through his glasses, picking up his fiance's hand so gently, as if he was cradling it--

Planting a gentle kiss on the back of her palm, he eyed the girl so lovingly.

"P-please lead me well today," Nicolli stuttered, face flushing bright red, "Prince Victor."

Victor Eirstone.

I watched him lead my sister into the carriage, and fix his glasses, never breaking out of that sickly professional smile he wore at all times.

And my sister spoke to him with such fluttering joy on her features, chatting with her prince so sweetly. It was an exchange so pure and so wonderful to witness, no one denied they were a match made in heaven.

Despite being our younger siblings-- they were the polar opposite of Avelynn's engagement with Luis Eirstone.

Whilst Luis' route is considered among the easiest-- Victor's route was the second hardest to conquer.