24.

Nicolli is a little flower fairy.

Maybe that's why it was a little harder for her to grow up-- everyone else just always seemed so much older... Victor, especially.

She adored Victor. She adored him so, so much. She felt so blessed to have such a kindly fiance, one who would be willing to teach her the ropes and lead her on the right path. Even though it was a decision made by parents, she knew she loved Victor.

"I don't quite understand this part..."

"You do it like this-- and carry over on that side... ah, you have to calculate this section the other way. You missed a parentheses here."

It's a strange sight.

Why is Mica-- ahem, I mean, Lady Michela-- in the Prince's room? I mean, the butler is here too, but why is a lady other than the Prince's fiancee permitted to be in his room?

(I mean, it's not like it's illegal, and Nicolli really understands that they are all close friends... but still!)

Lady Michela had glasses on.

Sister Avelynn had only told Nicolli about it once, but the Ivywood family were the stars of business in the country. They had enough influence to topple the country if they wished, and so they mourned being unable to bear a son.

(Brother Terren was engaged to Lady Michela in light of his intellect, so that the elders could safely entrust the future of the business to someone dependable.)

(But something Duke Ivywood had failed to account for was that fact the Michela was smart. Very, very smart. So smart, she decided to act really dumb, because apparently Brother Terren liked ditzy little sister types.)

(Ah, love.)

At this point, the only ones that didn't know of Michela's IQ of 200 were probably Luis and Terren. Victor found out a couple weeks ago and he's now raving for her guidance in classes. The boy was always weirdly obsessed with knowledge, after all.

Which meant he was spending more time with Mica than with his fiancee! This is so not fair. Nicolli sat on the couch, pouting, glaring sharply at them and averting her eyes whenever they looked back at her.

She had a right to be jealous, right? Right?