12.

ー☍ー

"I genuinely cannot believe how rude you can be to the prince!"

Here honorable father was lecturing me again.

Staring back at him with the most godforsaken deadpan I could muster, I responded, "you misunderstand, Father. I was merely being honest."

My father made a sharp screeching noise, "no fiance in her right mind would tell the crown prince that he is naive after expressing such a heartfelt wish for you!"

"But he is."

"Avelynn!"

"Silvia, could I have my tea, please?"

"Don't ignore me, young woman!"

"I am not ignoring you, I simply have my priorities."

I watched as my father promptly hunched over, clawing his hair out in utter frustration, ready to throw my desk out of the window, because that's a small price to pay.

Seemingly already peaking the recommended quota of bullshit for one day, he turned on his heel and left the room, telling his guard to get him a cup of the strongest coffee the maids can get him.

Humming in victory, I sipped on my tea.

"Now, don't think I'll give up as easily."

I blanched, staring incredulously at Silvia. 

The much older lady eyed me sternly, like the mother Avelynn never had. Her hands on her hips, she frowned, brows knitted together in disappointment.

"I will see to it that you help and support Prince Luis in his studies," and she was firm.

"But--"

"Do it, and I'll make you a cup of coffee," she bargained.

"I'll do it!"