Chapter 50: If Tomorrow Never Comes

"Jaguar, A7 in pursuit of the enemy," I stopped in my tracks when I heard Reaper's words. Sh*t.  

'T*ngna, I told her to stay put! Of all the times to disobey, bakit ngayon pa?!

"Diosa stop the car," I commanded her. I started running back to where I left her.

"Kuya, they have Prince. Please, kuya..." I can almost taste the fear in her voice.

"Jaguar, two more vehicles coming from the West side," Report ni Reaper sa akin.

"Reaper, prepare the overwrite on Kuroneko. Lily, do you copy?" I stopped and pulled out my palm computer habang hinihintay na ma-override ni Reaper ang control kay Kuroneko. I am not gonna let my sister get hurt.

"Diosa, brace yourself," I warned her as I fully took control of my car. "Lily, come in Lily?"

"Loud and clear, Jaguar," I heard her answer.

"Prepare to engage. Two SUVs are coming in. They are armed, do not let them get near A7."

"Roger that," I heard the roar of her engine and saw how she raced down the road on my GPS monitor.

"Kuya, ikaw na po bahala. I trust you Kuya Ali," my heart swelled when I heard Diosa's voice.

"Don't worry baby girl. Si kuya ang bahala sa'yo," I keyed my passcode and all the controls to the car shifted to my hand held computer. Kung tutuusin, para lang akong naglalaro ng Gran Turismo, but the  danger is much more apparent dahil kapag nagkamali ako, hindi lang basta game-over ang mangyayari. Buhay ng kapatid ko at ng boyfriend niya ang nakataya.

"Icen, give me a closer visual," the small screen made navigating difficult. The roads appeared as thin white ribbons and the enemy units were tiny red dots. Pero iisa lang ang importante, ang maliit na green dot na sumusunod sa kalabang unit.   

"Sending you the visual," came Icen's reply at naging split screen ang palm ko. Twenty meters separated my sister from the main vehicle. The two back-up vehicles appear to be a hundred meters away. Lily is engaged in combat with both of them.

"Team Four are you in the clear?" I contacted 3X. Kanina pa walang balita galing sa linya nila. "3X are you in the clear? Come in 3X." Tahimik.

"Jaguar, Team two in need of emergency assistance," I heard Rin speak over the line.

"Emergency team is on its way. Will be there in approximately three minutes," Sagot ni Reaper. "Red just arrived at HQ."

"Jaguar, Red here. I established contact with PC's family," I sighed. Mabuti na lang at propesyonal ang team ko. There's a few kinks here and there, but all in all, my team works best under pressure.

"Good. Tell them to stay out of my way." Hindi ako mapakali lalo na at di pa rin nagre-reply si 3X. "Reaper, can you get an update on A3 and 3X?"

"Sending you the visual. The comm. lines are busted but they are on their way to help Lily." The screen formed another split at nakita kong ligtas naman si Lady bagamat may lamat ang windshield at may tama ng mga bala ang hood. Trixie looked shaken and Kuya Alfredo is grim-faced.

I heard a sudden explosion at napatingin ako sa langit.

WHATTHE F*CK?!

 "Icen, come in Icen!" The Bird's rear propellers emitted smoke from the enemy's anti-aircraft guns.

"Emergency landing! The Bird is hit—" the noise was palpable as the Bird spun in an ever widening circle as it lost altitude.

"Icen, crash land on the second grid. Evacuate immediately. Make sure my brother makes it out alive."