Chapter 49: Hell Hath No Fury... Like A Zabala.

"Alfredo, calm down," I felt Trixie's hand on top of mine sa kambiyo. She looks really worried and I brought her hand to my cheek before I kissed the back of it.

"How can I? I can't calm down until I know she's safe and sound." I know I sound like a petulant child but the mere thought that something bad is happening right now to Aya is enough to send my emotions into haywire. I can't breathe properly because there's pressure on my chest na kanina pa gusto kong pakawalan. I know I won't be satisfied until I make those animals pay for what they've done to my sister.

"Alfred, Jaguar won't let anything happen to her," She stroked the back of my neck. In another situation, I would have taken the gesture as an opening to something else but right now my thoughts are invaded by different visions of what could be happening to Aya.

"I promised myself, Trix. I let her down once already, I don't want to repeat that experience." The acrid taste of fear filled my mouth. No one dares to hurt a Zabala, especially our baby girl.

"You won't. I'm sure everything will go according to plan." I could see the fear reflected in her eyes. I know she's trying to keep me strong. I shifted gears and the speedometer rose... faster Lady... we need to get to Aya. I need to make sure she's safe...

"3X, tell A3 to slow down. You must remain in formation, over." I heard Reaper over the comm lines. I clenched my hands on the steering wheel. Gusto kong bilisan pa ang takbo para makarating agad but Alistair said we can't break formation. Sh*t, ang bagal ni Kuroneko compared kay Lady at Black Tiger.

"Alfred, stay within range," I heard Lily on the monitor and saw Trixie's expression change slightly. I took her hand and kissed it to reassure her. Whatever past I had with other women is now just a memory. We haven't really had a lot of time to talk about what we have right now pero masaya akong kasama siya ngayon.

"We'll arrive at the nest in the next twenty minutes. Wait for my signal before you proceed," Alistair warned us. We left the main highway and entered a two-lane road.

"A3, approach from the East side. Lily, fall back at the next exit in case someone gets past. You know what to do."

"Roger that Jaguar," she replied.

"Stay alive A3."

"F*ck you, Ali," I muttered softly, but I grinned sardonically after a while. It was probably the closest to a 'take care' that my little brother could say. He's quite fierce, especially with the ones he loves. You'll never hear him apologize though, nor say he cares.

Diosa, we're coming for you. Wait for us, baby girl.

-------------------

If there was one person in the world that I put high on my priority list aside from Aya, that is my Kuya Alphonse. Kuya Al has been more of a father to me than our father and whatever happens, he's always been the voice of my conscience. Hindi ko nagagawang maglihim kay Kuya Al. I know he trusts my judgement and he may not understand me all the time, but he always got my back.

Kahit nasaan akong lupalop ng mundo, iisang tao lang ang pinagsasabihan ko at si Kuya Al 'yon.

Kahit ayoko at kahit masakit, I know Kuya Al deserves to know what is happening. I dialled his number. After four rings ay sinagot niya ito. Mag-a-alas dose na ng gabi at alam kong tulog na sila.

"Ali, napatawag ka," his sleep roughened voice failed to lift my spirits like it usually did.

"Kuya, something happened," bungad ko. I heard the rustle of bed sheets and I know that he stood up to open his bed side lamp.