Episode 16: [Hero] 1/3

Season One

Episode Sixteen:

| Hero |

Trigger Warning: Blood, Death, Trauma

"Eomma..."

"Appa..."

"Please don't leave me..."

. . .

First Meeting

Shattered glass cluttered everywhere, puffs of grey smoke emanated from the hood of the car, and evident blood splats were painted on the somewhat tinted car windows and windshield while some were shattered.

Two cars had crashed at a four-way intersection.

A Hennessey Venom GT black car was speeding at 50 mph, and the driver took the risk of advancing through the red light resulting in crashing into another moving vehicle, a red SUV (a family car) that started driving once the stoplight turned green. The hit 'caused the red SUV car to drift in the same direction the black vehicle was heading. Leaving tires skirt marks on the asphalt ground.

The main damage was done on the right side of the red SUV car where Mrs. Lee was seated along with Sooni behind her.

Fortunately, the black vehicle couldn't escape the crash as the red SUV was blocking the two-lane road, so the driver couldn't do a hit and run.

Sirens were heard a few seconds later. All the incoming cars around the scene came to a halt once the accident occurred. Eventually, police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks surrounded the area blocking any means of escape for the speeder.

From Minho's point of view, everything was a blur. His vision was fuzzy as his head throbbed a bit.

"Eomma? Appa?" Minho called out as he could scarcely see them. They didn't respond. "Eomma, Appa?" Minho called out again. He was still buckled up behind the driver's seat.

Something wet touched Minho's palm. He looked down, but couldn't quite see it. More and more dripped on his palms. Finally, when his vision was starting to clear up, and saw the red colored liquid that stained his hands. He took his left hand to touch his face, then looked at it to realize his head was bleeding.

Minho gasped and quickly unbuckled his seat belt. "Eomma! Appa!" He rushed out of his seat and went up between the driver's and passenger's seats.

His pupils dilated and trembled at the sight.

He looked at his mother with horror. "Eomma?" Then he looked at his dad with the same look. "Appa?"

Both were bleeding more severely as they had cuts and glass shards impaled on their arms and chest. Minho stepped back while covering his mouth with his blood coated hand, shocked to see his parents in such a state. The window on the passenger side was fragmented, and small splashes of blood were littered everywhere.

He heard a soft meow coming from the pet carriage beside him. "S-Sooni?" He slowly opened the box to see that Sooni wasn't too injured, though, it seemed the carrier took most of the damage. The sound of the car door opening composed Minho to turn around to see a couple of men in navy blue uniforms. They helped him step out of the car, but before he does, he quickly closed the pet carrier and carried it with him.

One of the men wearing a teal uniform rushed to him and quickly wrapped a small blanket around him and tried to escort him to one of the ambulances, but Minho wouldn't budge from his spot.