2

T/W: Suicide, Self-harm

Hercules entered the apartment and immediately saw the slip of pale blue paper. Maybe Laf was out and he would return. Hercules picked up the paper.

Mes amies et famille,

I'm sorry but I have nothing else to live for. I don't know what else to do. I've been abused and assaulted for months and I can't tell who or they'll come after you as well. They promised.

Please don't miss me when I am gone. You shouldn't. I was just a weak pansexual Frenchman who can barely speak English. I will miss you. But you should not return the affection.

With love I say goodbye, and hope you remember with a slight fondness your

Lafayette

Hercules heard gasps from the bedroom. He raced and saw Laf clutching at his throat, hanging by a charging cord from the ceiling light.

He was still alive.

Herc jumped up on the chair and rapidly untied the knot, catching the young man in his arms as he fell.

Laf was unconscious, but he was breathing.

Tears spilled out of Herc's eyes as he thought how close he had come to losing his best friend and why. He vowed to kill, or at least fatally injure anyone who ever touched Laf again.

Hercules didn't know if he should take Laf to the hospital or not. He was breathing, but he had tried to kill himself, and his throat might have been damaged.

Before Herc could decide, Laf's eyelids fluttered and then opened. Hercules' tears continued to flow. "Oh, Laf!"

"Mon amour?"

Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed

ED :)