1

Trigger Warning: Suicide, Self-Harm

This was it. Lafayette had nothing left to live for.

If he did, he didn't know.

Laf capped his pen and stared at the note. It wasn't special to a casual observer. A pale blue small slip of paper with a pen from Adams Real Estate lying next to it and Laf's curvy writing on it. But to Hercules Mulligan, it would mean the world.

The best Laf could find was a charging cord. He paused a moment thinking of how to attach it to the ceiling. He could tie it to the light, he decided.

So odd, how even when you were trying to kill yourself you had to make decisions that could decide your fate.

Laf climbed up on a chair and tied the charging cord to the ceiling light. He began to knot the other end around his neck.

Hercules felt weird. Like something bad was happening. He couldn't explain it. Everything was calm. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

He'd go to Laf's, he thought. Laf could always talk him out of anything.

Hercules forgot his uncomfortable feeling for a moment and stared at his hands, thinking of the Frenchman. He had felt...odd around Laf lately. Almost like there was something there. But...he had to dismiss it. Angelica would never forgive him if he cheated on her.

Herc grabbed a sweatshirt and began the walk to Laf's.

Laf stood on top of the chair. This was it.

Briefly, an image of his meilleur ami, Hercules Mulligan, flashed through his head. What would he do if he was here?

Before he could rethink his decision, Laf prepared to die.

Thanks for reading! Sorry its short but it's just the first chapter

ED :)