Chapter 6

Me and the mafia(6)

"See, now isn't that better?" River grinned at us all cockily. I couldn't restrain myself from glaring.

"Oh it's perfect." I seethed as I began cleaning off my dishes. River was looking around the kitchen obviously contented.

"Eh it's not perfect- hey! Why'd you slap me?!" he rubbed the back of his head gingerly as I smirked.

"We worked hard and now it is clean. Leave it at that or you will have so much more coming for you." I said with false chirpiness.

"That freaking hurt bi- hey!" Matt glared at River as yet another slap connected with the back of his head.

"No Swearing!" lacy sing songed as she also joined us in the room.

"Whatever." river sneered as he stalked out of the room.

"Seriously what's up with that kid?" I said with a snort of annoyance. Everyone's faces solemned and the room got quiet. Matt finally sighed.

"It isn't our to tell you. But don't be too hard on him, k?" lacy said with the least amount of pep I had heard from her since I got here.

"Hey I gotta go talk to River, but why dont you go unpack and stuff. Lacy will show you to the room. It's next to mine and across the house from River's." Matt said hugging me before walking off to a place I had absolutely no desire to visit: River's room.

--------------

"So how did you too meet?" I jumped and let out a small squeal as I realized I wasn't alone in my new room any more.

"LACY! You scared the crap out of me." I said still breathing heavy.

"Get used to it. You are gonna find people sneaking up on you a lot more than they used to." she said with a sigh.

"Yeah. You would think I WOULD be. No I lost that when my pride went down the drain. I didn't realise their next move until it was too late. And now he is dead." I said slamming my empty suitcase closed.... On my hand. "AH DANGIT!" I rubbed my hand gingerly but stopped when I realized it was bleeding and fought the tears and Lacy came to face me. She took my hand and led me over to the sink where she turned on the cold water and quietly nursed my throbbing.

"I know we seem all tough and we feel like it's our job to not break from emotions, but sometimes it is okay to cry. We all do it." she whispered. I shook my head and redshifted myself.

"I promised him I wouldn't cry over him if something happened. I broke a lot of promises in my life, but since he died... I refuse to break that one." I croaked out before letting out another sigh to control myself.

"Come on let's go get some ice and bandage that before you bleed onto the floor. Wanna see River go insane? Get blood on the floors." Lacy said with a huff causing me to laugh.

"Really?" I asked still not very believing. Lacy gave me a look of pure dread and almost guilt at the memory and nodded.

Once we made it back down the stairs where lacy sent me in the direction of the kitchen and she went to look for the first aid kit. Right as I was almost to the door, someone came rushing out of the kitchen and ran smack into me.

"You idiot! You should have watched where you were going! What the heck were you doing poking around the corner so quietly?!" River yelled as he picked himself off the floor and rubbed the back of his head where he had fallen backwards into the wall. I was about to reply when the shock of pain hit me from where I landed on my injured hand. I let out a surprised shriek-whimper when I saw that the blood was smeared on the floor and dripping.

"Why are you about to cry?! I didn't hurt your feelings did I?! Did we really get that much of a wimp added to the team?! I swear-"

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!" I yelled somewhat forgetting the pain due to my rising anger.

"You are going to bring down the team! That's my problem!" he yelled back.

"I WILL NOT BRING DOWN THE TEAM! AND I. AM. NOT. WEAK! YOU ARE TOO SELF CONCERNED ABOUT THAT PRETTY LITTLE FACE THAT YOUR EGO WONT LET YOU ACCEPT THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE JOBS OTHER THAN TO SERVE YOUR EVERY NEED!" I yelled.

"I have never believed that." he seethed. "I believe in a strong organized team with no wink links! We have always had exactly that but now you show up and every defense strength we had collapsed for the charity case! You weakened us!"

"I did not!" I said through gritted teeth. "YOu just have too hard of a head to see me as anything but a bad omen. I swear! You treat me worse than gum on the bottom of your shoe. I mean no really my hand is gushing blood and now possibly broken but all you care about is yelling at me for being in your way which honestly you RAN ME OVER!" I yelled gesturing at the door with my injured hand. River's eyes darkened as he looked from my hand to my face to the floor. His face got red and he raised his hand back, but I grabbed his wrist with my good hand.

"I don't care what the crap your values are or if you even have morals, you. Will. Not. Lay. A. Hand. On. Me." I glared at him and he resisted but couldn't budge. I was mad and all my strength was focused on the death grip on his wrist. He huffed and jerked his hand away. About that time footsteps came down stairs.

"So y'all done yelling now-" Matt said annoyedly, but stopped when he had full view of our stance and the blood... Which was officially everywhere. "WHAT THE- RIVER! What did you do to her?!"

"WHAT?! I-I-I didn't. I mean I-" River stuttered surprised by Matt.

I didn't blame him. Matt was livid and even I was a little frightened.

"Did you hurt her?!" Matt glared at him and walked over pulling me close to him, but I shoved him away.

"No." I sneered right up in River's face. "I cut my hand and came down to find the first aid, but this bumbling idiot flat out ran me over on his way out of the kitchen. I landed on my hand wrong and injured it worse." I was nose to nose with River and he was still in a bad mood. I turned on my heel back toward Matt. Can you help me fix this up? We gotta make sure nothing broke." Matt nodded with a clenched jaw and led me to the first aid kit where Lacy was sitting there going through it still.

"Lacy the band aids are upstairs in the bathroom, but we don't need those anymore. We have to completely wrap her hand up now." Matt sighed running his hand through his hair.

"What the crap happened, Kayla?!" Lacy asked with wide eyes. Matt wet a rag and began gently cleaning the wound.

"Fell on it wrong." I said with a shrug.

"River. Pushed. Her. Over!" made seethed putting a little too much pressure on my hand. I let out a whimper and he jerked his hand away. "Sorry Kayls." I just nodded for him to continue.

"HE DID WHAT?! I swear he is so dead that little son of a-"

"Language." I said.

"Gun. Son of a gun. But other words describe him so much better." she said with a huff.

"We ran into each other Lacy. It wasn't a big deal." I said with a grimace as Matt applied the alcohol.

"He was such an a-"

"Language!"

"he was such a jerk about it though. It was really unnecessary." Matt sighed. "He is going to pay for this. I don't know how yet but he is going to pay for this."

"Hey!" Brandon yelled from down the hall. "I'm starting up dinner!"

HEY YOU GUYS! IM TRYING TO WRITE MORE NOW AND IM GONNA FOCUS ON THIS STORY FOR A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS SO STAY TUNED! please voted and comment:)